What is the correct name for this "gasket"?

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by Hanne, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Hanne

Hanne New Member

We have a 1985 Coleman that has a flat (about 1" wide) beige rubber "gasket" attached to the underside edge of each bunk end. When the bunk is pushed all the way in this flat rubber strip blocks moisture from getting inside under the bunk, I guess. So it is beginning to crack and tear as we pull the bunks out, and it will need to be replaced. I'm looking for the proper name of this piece so I can source a replacement. Thanks!

2. K.Hess

K.Hess New Member

I am having the same issue. and I also dont know its proper term. my plan is to take it in with me and call it weather striping, and explain where it was on the trailer

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

In the parts book for the 2010 Coleman Evolution series, it looks like it is called "vinyl bed seal" #4060400339P.

You might call or email canvasreplacements.com, they have items not on their website or eBay store. Have your VIN, it helps for them to verify the part needed. Bear Creek Canvas might be a source.

I don't see it a quick glance on the Beckley's Coleman site (http://colemanpopupparts.com/), but you might want to contact them too.

4. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Re: What is the correct name for this "gasket"?

Beckleys probably has it. I had a long chat with their parts manager last month about parts and the website. He said they have way more parts than they could hope to list. He also wanted my feedback regarding their site. I ordered about 10 items from them. One of the items sent was wrong and they quickly corrected it. Really some great folks to deal with.

5. Tacoma_Jim

Tacoma_Jim Member

It might be worth taking a piece into a local trailer place. I know the one near me has a big selection of RV rubber stripping on rolls.

6. Hanne

Hanne New Member

Thank you for the helpful responses. I took a photo before we closed the pup for the winter, which I'm going to email to canvasreplacements. Hopefully they will have something. If not, I can also check with Beckley's.

7. popuphasbeen

popuphasbeen New Member

If you can't find exactly what you are looking for, the home stores have a fairly wide seal that's used on garage door openings, should work for a bed seal also.

8. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

Take a small piece to the local big box store and look at garage door or screen door bottom seals you might luck out.

9. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

While that gasket may serve to keep water out while the top is in the down position, I think it was designed to keep bugs out when popped up.

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Probably some of that ^^^ and as a draft seal. Even with the seal, on a cold windy night, there is some air infiltration to be felt.