What is this port for on the side?

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by Kasey Redrum, Nov 15, 2019.

1. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

It is a common port for Rockwoods/Flagstaffs. If you look on the inside of the pup on the other side of the port, usually under the bench seat, you will find a (most likely) GFI outlet. You can either plug in AC or any other external device of your choice. I have used mine to allow mooch docking, but only small items like fans and such.

bheff likes this.
  2. artwolf

artwolf New Member

"Mooch docking." I love it.

Raycfe likes this.
  3. David Marchetti

David Marchetti New Member

Sorry but I don't know what mooch docking means. So does anyone know for sure what the second hatch is for? I have the same thing on my 2008 Forrest river flagstaff 205 Mac. BTW, I'm currently using it to store the 15/30 amp adapter because it felt good to give it a purpose. ; )

4. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Running an extension cord to another persons camper to access electricity for your own camper.

David Marchetti likes this.
  5. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Well-Known Member

Contact!

6. David Marchetti

Great. I'll do that at the same time I mooch their cable signal!

7. David Marchetti

In my case, the port is behind the small area that has the inverter, the gfci outlet, water pump switch, and propane detector. But there isn't anyplace to bring an extension cord through to the gfci outlet.

8. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

Roof A/C cord to NEMA 5-20R stored in this port would be run to it's own hardwired 20A breaker in the converter box.

9. Mark Stovall

Mark Stovall New Member

Interesting. I have this port too, and a sep. plug on the roof for the A/C. I bought a separate cord and plugged into another outlet at the campsite. I guess I'll have to look into that port a little closer. The previous owner told me it was for filling up the water tank. I'm glad to know I need to look a little more closely before just sticking a hose in there and turning on the water!
    (The previous owner obviously knew NOTHING about this camper, so I didn't really trust anything he told me anyway...)
    EDIT: I looked into that port and saw the inside of the camper, but couldn't reach anything due to a bad case of ham hands. I opened up the PUP this evening, and sure enough, under one of the interior benches, was a dedicated cord for that. I'll use that next time we take her out, and see how it works! Thanks for all the info, ya'll.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Sjm9911 likes this.