What is your favorite game to play?

Discussion in 'Games' started by CentralNH, Jul 25, 2015.

1. CentralNH

CentralNH New Member

What is your favorite game to play while camping or in the camper? Ours is TOSS UP dice game, ship,captain&crew dice game and King in the corner card game.

2. daschnoz

daschnoz Active Member

Hide the

saltine.
    [:D]

3. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Last time out we played a game called, "CAMP". A board game we bought on Amazon. Have to say, was pretty fun and I learned a couple things.

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I like the fishing game, take fishing gear and go out and catch fish, one who gets the most or largest wins, then we all win with fish for supper.

5. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

Euchre, rummy, washers, poker, monopoly, sorry and ladder ball.

6. carolinacamper

carolinacamper Member

We have a family tradition of playing Sorry when we camp.

7. raindog308

raindog308 New Member

The kids and I play "oh yeah" which I suppose we reinvented. It's just talking. We stumble into it periodically when talking.

Me: "Your ten speed bike doesn't impress me. Because my bike is painted gold and has diamond-studded wheels."

Kid: "Oh yeah? My bike is MADE of diamonds and has ever-burn sparklers in the spokes."

Me:"Oh yeah? My bike used to have those but I took 'em out so I could put in SCUBA tanks for when I go underwater across the ocean."

Kid: "Oh yeah? I thought those were too heavy when my bike's suction-wheels were climbing up skyscrapers."

Me: "Oh yeah? My bike has rockets that let me go OVER skyscrapers."

Etcetera. It gets pretty hilarious after a while, particularly if you have three or four people. There's no real point to it but it'sfun.

8. HobieNick

HobieNick Member

Once the little one goes down the wife and I play several rounds of cribbage. When she is old enough to actually add numbers at a reasonable rate she can join in for three hand cribbage.

It's a tradition from our pre-kid and pre-married days. However, I remember a very interesting variant that we cannot play with the kid around.

9. JeffC

JeffC New Member

Cribbage and Yahtzee.

10. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

We're not much into card games when camping. However we once brought a card game called Milbornes. It's a favorite one of ours that is fairly understandable for a child to play with someone counting the mileage cards she played. Mom has been trying to teach us canasta so I have a feeling that game is now going to be added when they camp with us. Old maid and "go fish" was very common for my side kick to play when she was younger. Most of the time when it rains we sit under my parents huge awning on their trailer just talking or in my dad's case napping.

11. Groogrux

Groogrux New Member

Scrabble, Cards Against Humanity, Trivia Pursuit

12. G. Will Ickers

G. Will Ickers New Member

Cards Against Humanity, Apples to Hammered (a variation of Apples to Apples, was fun in college, can't do it anymore and go to work the next day)

13. JustRelax

JustRelax Active Member

I've never been into cardboard games camping. I do play a lot of cornhole so I will consider that my board game. I play cardboard games in the winter when it's cold outside.

There's a new game that I'm liking I call beer can frisbee toss (my name for it). Build a base out of PVC and have one PVC pole sticking up 6' high. Place a can on top of the post. Have 2 of these and set about 30' apart. I usually set up my cornhole boards and put the PVC posts in the same vicinity at hole level so 33'

Then you get 4 players. Unlike cornhole where teammates are on opposite ends - the teammates are on the same end. The objective is to throw a frisbee and hit the pole or can. The other team is to catch the frisbee every throw and the can if it is hit off the post. If the frisbee hits the ground it is 1 point for the throwing team if the can hits the ground it is 2 points for a total possible of 3 per throw. The frisbee cannot be caught in front of the post. The way that I play is that you have to have a beer (or pop) in one hand so you can only catch with one hand. Body catches are permissible. I also allow 2 hands if my wife and her friends are playing. Play to 21 without overage penalty.

To me much more fun than cornhole but is much more athletically competitive so fewer people like to play.

14. rjniles

rjniles Member

salami [:D]

15. travisma

travisma New Member

We take Double Shutter, Shut the Super Box

An addictive game for up to 4 players that can be played solo, cooperatively or competitively.
    • Roll the dice, add up the dots and find the best combination of numbered tiles to flip down.
    • Players develop strategies, figure probabilities and use arithmetic to Shut the Super Box!
    • A tactile, enticing way to help teach kids addition!

It's good because it's built into a 1/2 circle tin box and everything is attached. You roll the dice in the box itself.

With the grandkids, we determine the round winner by who has the least tiles standing. Easier than keeping score.

Also have a pocket/travel sized battle sip can that fits inside of the shutter tin.

16. Mamagoogins

Mamagoogins New Member

Cribbage, Yahtzee and Uno are our go to games. When we travel with friends, we may play Gin Rummy or Texas Hold 'Em.

17. Kettlebelle

Kettlebelle Member

Yahtzee, Boggle, Sorry, and a card game called Nertz

18. KissingCamper

KissingCamper Member

We picked up a new card game call "Guillotine" a humorous game that you are the executioner and your trying to get the most valuable heads. Absolutely hilarious!

19. vmswilliamson

vmswilliamson Member

Sequence, Rummikub, and Dominoes-Mexican Trains.