What "level" Gizmos?

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by GatorChamp44, May 12, 2020.

1. GatorChamp44

GatorChamp44 Active Member

I am going to buy some gizmos soon for some upcoming Florida summer camping. My question is what "level" to buy; high wind, or super high wind? I don't anticipate camping during any extreme wind but was wondering if there were any other benefits to the SHW version that make it worth the extra 60 bucks. I am definitely going to pay the extra ten dollars to have velcro sewn on. Any insights would be appreciated.

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

I have the SHW Gizmos. I never planned on camping in extreme wind either, but things don't always go as planned. IMHO, they are worth the extra money.

friartuck likes this.
  3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

The SHW Gizmos are really a lot easier to put on and go for the optional Velcro.

friartuck likes this.
  4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We had high wind on our first popup and SHW on the second. We tried a couple of types of clips on the high wind one and still had them pop off on occasion. I saw the SHW rise up and inflate like a balloon a couple of times, but they stayed in place. (I did a ring mod, there are photos of it in various posts here, which made securing the shock cords easier.)

5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

SHW. I have them, much easier to strap down. Get the Velcro too, that helps a lot as well.

friartuck likes this.
  6. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

We have the SHW ones as well, for the extra money it's worth it!

friartuck likes this.
  7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

SHW version for mine too. Although I tested the clips to see how well they do by not tightening the strings on their own. I did not have the Velcro. It wasn’t bad wind by any means (the awning was still up) but I found all six clips on the ground and the pugs practically under the bunk dangling by the loose strings. So glad I chose the super high wind version and make sure I tighten all strings. Wind doesn’t need much gap to start playing. Once it does start, it continues. I will tell you, what a chore to get the pugs back in place with the camper fully open with a bit of a wind.

kitphantom likes this.
  8. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

SHW on both of mine. So much easier to just hook the bungies under the bunk. Fooling with the clamps seems unnecessary at best.

9. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

we bought the high wind version and regretted it. I guess we get higher winds than i had thought - i ended up putting in grommets in the gizmos and tying them down instead of using the clips. Those clips are small and would just pop off with the wind. I just bought a new set of gizmos due to the grommets beginning to tear the gizmos- and they are the super high wind....