What would YOU do with this space?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by Rockies Bill, May 22, 2012.

1. Rockies Bill

Rockies Bill Runnin' with the pack!

2. Rockies Bill

Greg, the sides (railings) come in two sections ( one on each side) and do come off. So when I reach my destination I could remove one side for access. I recently discovered this nice feature.

Bill

3. IVBENS

IVBENS Member

Ya, I guess you made a smart choice. So much for my living vicariously through you [:D]

4. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

I have a front deck (8 ft) on the front of mine designed for hauling toys. I have 2 storage chests (http://www.tractorsupply.com/tractor-supply-co-reg-44-in-chest-toolbox-1090993) on there. I keep all of my cords, hoses, tools, etc. in one and my cooking stuff in the other. Basically anything that we don't normally use inside the PUP is kept in the boxes on the front.

It's also a great place to haul coolers, camp chairs, folding tables, bikes, etc..

One warning, though. Be careful storing a rolled up rug/carpet there. If you keep it against the front of the box, then water seems to run around the bottom of the wall and wet the floor boards. I had to replace a section of my front floor and bottom board on the front wall due to this causing the floor to get soft over time.

5. Rockies Bill

Well, I finally got around to putting up the storage box:

[​IMG]

Now I can put all my setup tools/materials in this box. The rest of the space IDK Our chairs, other lightweight stuff. There is more room than I thought there would be after installing the storage box. :)

6. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

I had to put my new Igloo fridge/freezer in trunk of my Explorer. Had I had this much space, I would put fridge there along with some other things.

7. bobber128

bobber128 Member

Very jealous. I am considering making myself a chuck box, but don't know where to pack it. That would be a perfect place!! That, and chairs, beer~er~beverage cooler..... yeah, I could make use of that!!!

8. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

Depending upon the weight limits and where you like to camp, I could see a couple of mini bikes up there or a 2-up scooter. Would be fantastic for cruising some of the larger parks, like Yellowstone or Glacier.

I've got a couple of these (with suspension) and they don't weigh that much. Hauls my 6'3/240 lb butt anywhere you'd want to go!
    [​IMG]