Whats the best grey water tote?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Milemaker13, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Just try it without modifying it. As long as the upward bend isnt higher then the sink drain it should drain out. Think of it as a trap under the sink. Use a larger discharge tube if it drains slow.

Milemaker13 likes this.
  2. Milemaker13

Milemaker13 Active Member

Hey ya know that actually sounds like a good idea. I could use hose or fittings or something to form a water trap up to the bucket. Great idea! Thanks!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. IndyRick

IndyRick Member

I know this thread is a year old, but my experience still might be useful. I bought a Camco Rhino Heavy Duty 21 Gallon RV Tote Tank (39002) by Camco from Amazon. While I didn't measure in advance, it fits perfectly inside up front. I've not had any trouble towing it with the TV to dump. I also have a nylon strap and link I use on my trailer bumper to tow it out to dump as I'm leaving camp. I have a garden hose connection from my sink drain, and use the short hose that came with tank through a couple of 90-degree adapters.

4. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

I use a 25 gallon that I can pull behind the truck to dump. Generally connected to the sink drain but move it to the shower when needed. Due to the amount of room in requires to transport I'm considering switching to these small 5 gallon totes and put on in each location.

5. Jenkamus

Jenkamus Active Member

We use a 15 gallon camco rhino, its really well made, I dont think we will have any problems with this one for a long time.

My sink drain is on the outside of the camper not underneath so it drains great with the small garden hose attachment, the rhino vents so the sink drains quick. Might. E too tall of yours drains from under.

I am able to store the rhino inside between my bench seats.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Sjm9911 likes this.