What's up with the new Coleman?

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by DansAndDogs, Aug 10, 2009.

1. DansAndDogs

DansAndDogs New Member

I have been waiting for a roof to come in from Coleman all summer. The dealer here tells me it's become quite the issue. He can't seem to get any parts at all, even routine wear items. Is anyone else having this problem, is the factory operating? Company in trouble? I didn't hesitate to buy my Coleman, because it's a Coleman, don't know if I'd make the same choice next time.

2. ARWCanuck

ARWCanuck Member

For what it's worth, my cousin has had similar problems with Viking this year - also roof related. He was told that the manufacturers had cut production back because of the economy, and have only recently started gearing back up.

3. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

Same situation here. My replacement roof was ordered back in Feb. Still no definate date. All I've gotten is that it is on order. Latest answer is "maybe this month". Last two e-mails went unanswered. I don't know about other parts but I'm sure that warrenty roofs are not on their priority list. I'm fortunate that my PUP is still usable while I wait.

4. 1girland3boys

1girland3boys New Member

We just purchased a used Coleman and the dealer told us that Coleman was no longer in business. We need weather stripping for ours.

5. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

No longer in busniess... Thats a new one. Is this a Coleman Dealer that told you that?

Last I heard their still alive but a little bird told me that their production is scaled way back to control cost during this downturn and all production they do have is going to assembly instead of replacement parts.

Anyway.... Here is their web link to get information

Or if you want to contact em by land line, Here is a phone number to FTCA... 814-445-9661

6. j1w2t3

j1w2t3 New Member

Sorry to hear about others having problems with Coleman (Fleetwood, FTCA) or who ever they are calling theirself now. Been waiting all summer for my parts too. Too bad to have a nice looking 2006 Fleetwood camper and not being able to use it. Hearing the same story, not stocking parts, upper management not caring about loyal customers, blaming everthing on the economy, not answering their phone. Growing up in a family business in a small comunity, I learned that you survived by your reputation. (How you treat people) When the going gets tough the tough get going. (rolling up your sleves and going to work not making excuses and placing blame)

7. screwballl

screwballl Stimulus Package

hearing about this makes me glad I got a Jayco.... sorry to hear everyone is having problems...

8. RJinTO

RJinTO New Member

It's not just Coleman, Viking etc. I've been waiting two months for replacement end caps from Forest River. They are not an unusual item, they need them in stock for production, but since it's a warranty issue it seems I'm on the back burner. I also ordered a small fridge fan through a dealer......45+ days and counting.

9. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

I am having the same problem with Coleman on a cover for my converter and an indoor stove knob. These are both warranty items. Seems I bought the last Bayside from the dealer (Fleetwood) and these items had been scavenged for other units. Been waiting for 2 months.

10. cat and dog

cat and dog New Member

been lucky with my 94, dealer has had everything and resonably priced.

11. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

From what I have heard this is a problem with virtually all manufacturers, not just Coleman or Forest River. They are funneling all parts to the assembly line not to the parts desk...

12. samtgrizz

samtgrizz New Member

Things are picking up. My dealer just got his 2010 models and I got my back ordered parts. Hopefully it was just a problem with the new company getting set up.

13. emssmiley2002

emssmiley2002 Florence,Ms

While in the middle of rebuilding my roof I found that Id need the corner endcaps on my 90 Cheseapeke. Tried to order them in May, but was told the factory had shut down operations and was operating w/a skelaton crew. Called my dealer in July and 2 weeks later had the endcaps. [:D] Im still redoing the camper, Roof is back on, than I decided to gut the interior and am reflooring and building new cabinets. [:(]

14. bwilly

bwilly Always An Adventure

This recession thing has got me baffled looking at all the people waiting for parts and so on there is obviously work out there but the manufactures refuse to hire back people to fill the orders, it's like they don't want the business and are using the "R" word as an excuse to save money by shaving there work force and having the ones that are lucky enough to keep there jobs do 3 times the work to keep them but then screw there customers over by not being able to provide parts and warranty work, what a joke this is very sad, few glad I got that off my chest, and its just not the RV industry, the wife manages a store which is a franchise I will not say which one to protect the innocent but the owner said none of the management will get there raise this year due to the "R" word, her store has seen a 10% increase in sales per week throughout this downturn, so as said above it is an excuse for some to put more profits in there pocket.