What's your favorite camp chairs to take camping?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Freedom72, Apr 26, 2017.

1. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

We have the extreme support folding chairs from gander mountain. They have a higher back than traditional bag chairs which I love! It also has a spot for a drink and a spot for my tablet, which has a flap to cover it.

2. coney

coney New Member

I just bought this exact chair at Costco for $ 29.99

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

toilet.jpg This is my favorite. Mostly on cold or rainy nights between the hours of 1:00 AM and 5:00 AM. [;)]

4. Tracy D.

Tracy D. Member

We just got these from Walmart. They were very comfortable and judging by the capacity, sturdy. We'll see! IMG_0750.PNG

5. Freedom72

Freedom72 Member

Thanks for all the great ideas for camp chairs! You guys are the best! We bought 2 of the Quad chairs with built in foot rest from Biglots. I cant believe how comfy they are. I guess only time will tell if they hold up. I figure for $18.00 im happy if they last for one entire season. But 2,3 or 4 seasons would be sweet! Red+Quad+Chair+with+Footrest.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  6. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

My favorite chair is the Kermit I have carried for about 15 years. They are currently double the price I paid. They cost $159 each;
    [​IMG]

My wife's favorite chair is the GCI Freestyle Rocker;
    [​IMG]

7. TMH

TMH Member

By far the most comfortable camp chair I have used is the Faulkner Dakota Rocker. Easy to set up, very robust, and extremely comfortable - although it has a fairly large "footprint" when folded (tho should store under dinette table).

The only issue with these is we only have one, and the DW has forsaken her previous favorite chair and now always takes "my" rocker!

[​IMG]

One of the best prices for these here:
    https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Dakota-Folding-Rocking-Chair-Blue-Black-p/03-0334.htm
    Do yourself a favor and buy 2 now. Not only will you get to use one of them, but you will also get free shipping.

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I sat in this chair when my parents were looking around for something at the sporting goods store once. It was so comfortable I nearly bought it myself. However because I only just bought another camp chair a week before i couldnt justify the cost.

9. Wakita46

Wakita46 Active Member

If you are going to be in it for some time, I found the Strongback chair to be the most comfortable.
    https://www.strongbackchair.com/
    They are expensive however, and a little bulky.
    I ended up using a Coleman Quad which gives some back support and found it pretty comfortable.

10. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

I just sit on a homer bucket... Doubles as storage!!

11. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We used the bear canister as a seat when backpacking. (I think my husband may still do so, I can't backpack anymore.) DH is usually comfortable at the picnic table, but long ago, my back and neck started to go south. Finding a comfortable seat at home is a challenge, let alone camping. As things change, I've had to change the chairs I use.

12. jlynn58

jlynn58 Active Member

13. Morgan23

Morgan23 Member

Tracy D, how big do they fold up? We saw some similar chairs with more padding at Costco, but the bag was HUGE...almost as big around as our EZup, and nearly 3 feet tall. We are in need of some new camp chairs to replace the cheap bags ones that are falling apart and I like to sit with my feet pulled up under me so these round ones look nice.
    We also have two of the director's chairs from Timber Ridge that we bought from Costco and these are awesome. https://www.costco.com/Timber-Ridge-Director's-Chair-2-pack.product.100325752.html They're very comfy and sturdy, and the side table always comes in handy.

14. 2001dennycoleman

2001dennycoleman Member

Just got some just like the big lot's kind yesterday. Looking forward to using them in two weeks.

15. kstephens

kstephens Member

We have theses, and i have no complaints at 6'4" Interested in the rocker posted above. I'll have to check those out.

16. Tracy D.

Tracy D. Member

They are slightly bigger than our usual camping chairs, but they do fold right down into carry bags, so they were easily packed in the pup. Three of these take up about the same room as maybe 4 basic folding camp chairs.

17. Morgan23

Morgan23 Member

Ok, so this thread was very timely!I bought the round cozy chair, and a 3 position recliner for DH from Walmart...these are going to replace the terrible bag chairs we have.

Tracy D. likes this.
  18. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

19. myride

myride Well-Known Member

Just picked up 2 of these from Costco.....have used the folding camp chairs with foot stool and umbrella in the past but these looked too comfortable to pass up!
    Will report on them after my first trip out imageService.jpg

20. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

$18.00 seriously? The ones I've seen were like 65.