When to replace fire extinguisher

Discussion in 'Road Safety Systems' started by Camp Wilson, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

We put a new one in the pup last year. I never noticed the green test button before, I played with the one from the parts pup last night. It seems tough to feel powder settling, but after a few shakes I think I got it. Given the unknown history & condition of that one, I think there's a yard blast in it's future.

2. Mr.Prankster

Mr.Prankster New Member

I have a good story for you, at work we have a fire extinguisher service rep check all of our extinguishers once a month. I had an old one sitting at home, it must have been 20 yrs old. I asked if he would check it and he agreed, so I brought it in one day. Well, he was tapping it to loosen the powder and all of a sudden BAM! it blew out along the seam, right in the office...powder was all over everything. Took most of the rest of the day to get the powder out of the air, then had to sweep out the office.

3. binky

binky New Member

Fire safety is something we often forget about....at home and camping. I have had a house fire....no fun shooting an extinguisher at a live electric panel [:(] But it saved our house.

You should have at least three fire extinguishers with you while camping. Even more at the house.

[CF] is nothing to play wiith.