Where did I put my keys?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by campfreak, May 4, 2012.

1. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

I came here to the campground straight from work, by myself. Start to set up the pup, it's been a busy week, so I'm a little scatterbrained. before I do anything, I know I have to get out of my work clothes, so I go hide in the bushes and change clothes. My bike is on the roof rack, so I get that off, undo the latches, and crank up the roof. Do the rest of the setup, no problems, then crack open a beer and relax. Get on the bike, ride over to see the Cardiff Kook, stop by the campground store on the way back and get some firewood. DW comes over to CG, we have some dinner, and watch the sunset. I figure it's time to lock up the bike for the night, need the keys to do that... And uh-oh, WHERE ARE MY KEYS?

Any guesses?

2. FamPhx

FamPhx New Member

Probably dropped them during the bike ride? [:!]
    I hate it when we loose keys.

3. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

No, just to be fair, I have already found them, but only because I have read similar stories from the good folks here on pop up portal!

4. slicvickie

slicvickie Member

Probably in the same place I usually find mine...on the roof!

5. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

That's my guess. Haven't left my keys up there yet, but other stuff.

6. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Yep, you got it. On the roof. The DW was kind of impressed that I actually thought to look up there. I carry a 4 foot ladder, and I put that on top of the picnic table, and before she could say " Have you lost your mind? " ... I found them.
    If it wasn't for popup portal, I would have never thought to look there.

Greg

7. bconrey

bconrey Member

They're in the Kook's pocket. He snuck them away while you were distracted. I've never seen him dressed as a camper; perhaps today is that day.

(For out-of-towners, start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_Kook. The article blames 'vandals' for the thematic decorations that adorn the Kook but the local community sees it as part of....well, being local)

8. BajaPup

BajaPup New Member

9. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

I love the Kook. Its so much better than having a statue that everyone ignores.
    The shark bit was a little too elaborate for me. I like the Royal wedding one from last year.

10. vik-king

vik-king New Member

I would have guessed that you dropped your keys out of your pants pocket in the bushes when you got there and changed, but the roof would have been the second place I looked. and you are right i never would have thought to look on the roof till i joined and started reading from this portal.

11. stefbauer

stefbauer New Member

I had a beer that "watched" and "taunted" me for a weekend from the top corner of the roof before .... I guess we have all left something up there at some point!

12. sturedman

sturedman New Member

I had a second set of keys made, and hid them inside the pop up. I have a bad habit of leaving the keys in the truck, then my DW locks it. After a couple of times losing them when tent camping, I figured that would be the first for the ntm pup.

13. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Yeah, on long trips I bring a 2nd set, but I'm not far from home, so this time I didn't. I went from panic to LMAO in about 5 seconds.

14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

All my camp-related keys, including bike locks, are on one lanyard. I keep it in the TV, the vehicle keys are always on me. DH keeps all the keys on one ring, also always in his possession. When I'm solo or with one of my friends, I make extra sure that my hands are on my TV keys whenever I lock it. [One friend usually gets a key to the vehicle, since she travels with me, but on one trip they slipped out of her pocket in the TV and were not located until after we returned home.] We are often miles from services, so I just try to be cautious-developing standard places for things like keys and a routine helps a lot, odd things happen we I deviate much.