Where did you purchase your tires?

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by Doiniteasy, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Doiniteasy

Doiniteasy New Member

Hi everyone. Would love any recommendations on where to purchase new tires for my pop up online. Have a 2003 Rockwood 1640. Tires r 145R/12C. I googled the ..out of it but seems there r options i guess i can't grasp. Im also guessing i get the wheels with rims. Thanks in advance!

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

A lot of folks here buy from eTrailer.com. From what I hear, they have great customer support, so they'll answer any questions you have. I bought mine from Menards - a local chain big box hardware store (kind of Big Lots meets Home Depot). Mine came already mounted on rims, but you don't have to buy them that way.

Doiniteasy likes this.
  3. Doiniteasy

Doiniteasy New Member

Thank you

4. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

I went with Discount tires...

Doiniteasy likes this.
  5. joet

joet Well-Known Member

You will find that Wally has better pricing anyone's will have a much fresher mfg. date....and free shipping to boot

Doiniteasy likes this.
  6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I recently had a blowout on a trip. Ended up getting a tire at northern tool. My options were limited and the wall Mart I went to did not have the correct size in stock. Reviews were so so but then again about every 13" trailer tire seems to be that way.

Doiniteasy likes this.
  7. daschnoz

daschnoz Active Member

I bought mine from one of the local, small name camper stores. Price was no worse than eTrailer (after you take into account shipping etc.).

Doiniteasy likes this.
  8. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I recently bought tires from Tirebuyer.com....Their prices on what I bought were cheaper than Walmart. I ordered one day. The tires were here the next.

Doiniteasy likes this.
  9. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add that I just bought new entire wheels (tires already mounted on new rims) on Amazon.

10. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

What size (radial / bias ply) and what was the price per wheel?

11. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Amazon

12. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

If you live in the St Louis area, you can call etrailer.com and pick up from their Wentzville site.

Jeep Guy likes this.
  13. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

I bought the Kenda Loadstar Karrier in size 145/R12, load range D. These are radial tires. I wanted radials to replace the bias tires that came on the camper. The factory tire size is 5.3x12 and the 145R12 tires are the closest radial size. I paid $68 for the tires already mounted on new rims. My local tire shop wanted $80 for just a tire then I had to pay extra for mounting, balancing, disposal fees, and tax. I told the salesman at the tire store what the price for a new tire with a new rim was and even he told me that he would not buy the tire at the store for that price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IPR45WY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  14. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

eTrailer will deliver free if you spend $99.
    [:)C]

15. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Just a heads up. If you are not installing the tires yourself, check with your local tire shops to see if they will match prices. My local shop will match online prices and will order hard to find tires.

PointyCamper likes this.
  16. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

We got ours at our local tire store where we buy our car tires. But we used our same rims. Got Omni brand (china bombs but what 13” aren't. Recommended by dealer though) Also balanced. We keep a cover on our spare so he said no need to replace that now.

17. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

etrailer.com but make sure you request tires made within the last several months. I wrote an extensive thread on receiving 2 year old "new" tires a few years ago.

18. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

19. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

I do the local tire shop and buy the most common trailer offered by tire shops across the nation for my trailer. Right now its goodyear enduras. I figure I pay about 20% more, but I get some exceptional service, warranty, and have the same tires available across the nation.

1) Service: Here is what I like with my local tire shop: They will rebalance and rotate my tire. I dont use the rotate much. But every time (once a year) I re-grease the bearings I have them re-balanced. They have always worn a little out of balance.

2) Warranty: The give me a prorated warranty even if I have another tire shop replace the tire.

3) Availability: We take some long trips. I have been on the road and lost a tire that tire shops did not stock. This was when I only focused on price. I ended up with two options: 1) replace the tire with a different brand, 2) wait a few days to get the tire brand/model I had. I opted for the first and later swapped it out. Now with the tires I have most tire shops can replace my brand/model the same day and I take my receipt back to my shop and they give me a pro-rated amount for the tire I replaced.