Where do you buy.....

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by hanson1522, Dec 1, 2009.

1. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Walmart Bass Pro shop Grander Mtn.

2. Pescador

Pescador New Member

If you are shopping to restore something broken from your PU I go to the dealer. I'm in the process of restoring a 1975 fold down walls Palomino PU and the velcro that attaches the slide outs was way worn and other previous owners had stuck over new velcro. I noticed that the original stuff was wider and had channels that fit into aluminum casing. I called the dealer and he shipped me the same stuff. I installed it and now its good for another 20 years or so. The restore is better than to take the easy way out and just get a roll of the adhisive velcro that wouldn't have lasted anyway. I do internet searches if there is an item that I want for camping like a Heater Buddy! [PU] [TV] [:)C]

3. carisouth

carisouth Member

Walmart, Kmart, ebay, yard sales, GanderMountain......

4. Csea

Csea New Member

Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart, Dollarama, Liquidation World... just depends what im looking for.

5. rvalimont

rvalimont New Member

I am like the rest of you i shop where ever i can get a good deal i do alot of it on ebay and wally world (walmart)....

6. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

FYI... Eastern Mountain Sports (ems.com) has some great deals going on. Register for thier newsletter, its worth the 50% off vouchers.

7. dmaerz

dmaerz New Member

We use Overstock.com, Sierratradingpost.com, e-bay, and locally we have gander mountain, REI, nd some specialty outdoors shops.

8. edh

edh Active Member

I have not been pleased with some of Walmart's social behavior over the years, and figure that Sam's family and buddies have plenty of money by now, so I tend to avoid the Big W in favor of local outfitters, campmor, etc. Simple things on the road come from Target or Kmart if a Camping World or something similar is not nearby.

9. Noni

Noni See ya' out there !

I personally like Bass Pro Shop and my kids and I love to eat crocodile or alligator bits at their restaurant as appetizers. But I rahter look for SALE items everywhere including eBay, websites, J.C. Whitney, Wally World, Target, KMart or other store that has outdoor supplies in the area.

10. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

We shop wherever we can get the best deal, Cabelas, Walmart, E-bay, various online stores whatever. Pay pal gives a good deal of protection from ripoffs. I've found that there are some stores locally that charge excessively (the local Fleetwood dealer especially) so I keep an eye out for bargains. As I am sure most of you do.
    MR

11. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Where you go for your first trip make sure you got a walmart or something like that close by to get stuff you need or forgot !

12. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I've found some great deals on Columbia clothing at Campmor.com. Otherwise, if I need something for the trailer I check Wal-Mart first. If it's general I go to Fred Meyer (regional chain like Target) or one of the sporting goods stores.

13. hometownhiker

hometownhiker Active Member

REI, Campmor, Sierra Trading Post, Lowes, the local outfitter. Whatever I can find on sale.
    MEGALOMART only if I have too.

14. chiefbowes

chiefbowes Member

All of the above stores are great, but i look in every store. I look everywhere i am you never no what you may find and where. limited by your imagination only.

15. Bigred01

Bigred01 New Member

WalMart! Going to Bass Pro Shops and Gander Mountain is like going to the North Pole, and seeing everything Santa has ready for Christmas! It can get too pricey if we shop in them!

16. CANTget RIGHT

CANTget RIGHT New Member

shop everywhere always looking for a good deal even go to fleamarkets, lowes, home depot wal mart

17. TnDrew

TnDrew New Member

Ive done most of mine from adventure Rv in Sevierville TN. Both by mail and going in when Im over that way.

18. Racebear

Racebear New Member

Wally first, then Kmart, Sears, Dunhams, Dicks and anywhere else close.

19. scorp28

scorp28 Member

Any store I go into I always check out the camping/fishing/outdoor section. Most of my stuff has come from Wal-Mart though. When looking specifically for new camping stuff I always make sure to check out Menards also. That is where I got all of my awning lights and tiki torches.

20. KateTheKamper

KateTheKamper Member

Having tent-camped for years, I have purchased better quality outer-wear like rain-gear, jackets, boots, etc to use while camping.

For the PUP, I've found things from all the usual places (Wal-Mart, Target, etc) but do a LOT of shopping at our local St. Vincent de Paul shop (like a Goodwill Store). It's less expensive and a good way to recycle!

Haven't been to one in awhile, but I was at a K-Mart yesterday and was surprised at all the camping gear they had there.