Where do you store your foam mattress topper?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by BelchFire, Apr 14, 2013.

1. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Many of you report that you can lower your top with the foam mattress toppers in place. Mine won't close like that. Where do the rest of you store your mattress toppers when the top is down?

2. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

We leave ours on the beds. It closes fine for us. I don't know what kind of PU you have but I'm wondering if you could lay it across your dinette and sofa and still get clearance when the beds are pushed in?

Campit

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

We tested clearances before we bought the toppers. In the previous pup, one inch was the maximum, so that's what we bought. In the Cobalt, it is two inches. We cannot leave the blankets and quilt on the bed, they travel in whatever corner we find for them. It can still be a slight challenge to close the pup, in cold weather the memory foam is firmer.
    Sme people roll the foam and put it in the aisle to travel, but we don't have the space to do that in our 8' pup. We're thinking we will replace the original pup mattress with a Therm-a- rest when we need to replace it, so we can deflate it to close up; we'll probably keep the memory foam.

4. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

Heres my take on it. When I bought my toppers they came crammed in a little box. They compress considerably.

So when I close, I apply firm pressure for 1-2 minutes constantly, and it slowly closes. I just try to close it quickly, it's much harder, if not impossible. I do worry sometimes if I might be stressing something.

We have 1-1/2" toppers on our 2010 Niagara.

5. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

we do the same take the topper and lay it on top of the dinette on the slide out where there is plenty of headroom.

6. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

one thing we have noticed in the winter when we don t have the heater running the foam topper is stiff until it warms up.

7. Dudman5703

Dudman5703 Jeep Guy

Honestly. In my house, however
    when we go places, I rest it on the floor for the drive.

8. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

If you must remove it from the bed to travel, roll it, don't fold it. Constant folding can cause it to split along the crease.

9. barbjmj

barbjmj Member

I roll the topper and place it in the aisle between the dinette and soffa. Would be less work if it could stay on the bed but the clearance isn't there.