Where do your dogs sleep?

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by Gardener, Mar 23, 2018.

1. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

Dog or trailer?[​IMG]

Kristink5 likes this.
  2. MaeKay

MaeKay Well-Known Member

I had our puppy sleep in a crate on the floor. (We have a lot of floor space though). As he gets bigger we’ll just have him sleep on the floor or in my 4 year old’s King size bunk. I can see your concern with a yorkie being bear bait but I doubt it’s any worse than humans being bear bait.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  3. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I have had 3 Pits and they all get lazy. Tillie has always been a sofa queen but will play as long as you can and is always willing to go for a walk.

Orchid likes this.
  4. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

Both of ours sleep with us. Zoie likes to sleep in the sleeping bag at the bottom by my feet... brave dog. Tanner likes outside the sleeping bag in between Pam and I.

5. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Couch . We have a rug we keep on it . She will try to climb into our bed in the morning as she does at home. She will come to my face and stare at it around 6 am. Knows not to make any noise as the kids are sleeping. then she excepts me or my wife to tap the bed twice which her signal for. you can jump and lay at our feet. then she slowing move herself between me and the wife. I hate licking so she will lick my wife haha... she is 85 lb and a big long lab mix. We have a king at home but the rv queen is tight fit. Especially when my 7 yr old decides to climb into it too. She will scoot over for him to sneak in. When my mother in law sleeps in dinette bed i know she sleeps with her in the morning.

6. threebeachboys

threebeachboys Active Member

Right between me and the outer wall - during cold weather it is wonderful. So warm and cozy. I suspect, though, in the summer, she'll sleep at the foot of the bed or on the floor. Would be too warm otherwise.

7. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

43428E54-BA0D-4986-B9EA-B551C22DB849.jpeg barney sleeps on floor between dinette seats, or the coolest spot he can find. Bella stetches out on the sofa bed, or curls up in bunk with me. she is still nervous about new situations, but likes camping!

8. balbrt1

balbrt1 New Member

We have 2 yorkies and they sleep with us

9. Ruby Jean

Ruby Jean Member

One sleeps in my double size sleeping bag with me, one lies next to me somewhere on the bed, one prefers to sleep on a bench with all my clothes piled on him to keep him warm [DOG]

10. Gshepherd00

Gshepherd00 New Member

This will be our first season with our German Shepherd "Puppy". The one time we took him last year he was a bit smaller and slept in a kennel. He just turned 1 and is 90lbs of pure lov'in, at home and he sleeps in his kennel. We also have 2 middle school aged kids... gonna be cramped! Any suggestions and pointers for getting everyone in our Rockwood Freedom?

MaeKay likes this.
  11. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

We have a 6.5 lbs Cavapoo-Pom mix that is restless until she can get in bed with us. When we camp, it's a different person every night...

12. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

36898[/ATTACH] Dinette bed

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  13. equest

equest Member

Pretty huskies! I am taking my old husky girl camping next month and am excited. She is getting up there so I want her to enjoy her camping experience. We are going to a park that has a dog swimming area which she loves.

14. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

Nice looking babies there.. bet they will enjoy the great outdoors..

Um.. Would you mind, filling out the personal profile.. It would be easy for others to know your locate, type of PUP you have.. very helpful to others.

I was wondering??.. WHERE are you camping that has a Park with a swimming area for dogs..My babies would love that.. It gets over 100 degrees here in SC in the summer time.. ugg.

15. landon6062

landon6062 Active Member

HI Gardener.. welcome to the site.. : )

Our babies sleep in the bed with us at home.. I doubt anything other than that will work for them..good thing we have TWO beds..

Though EMMAS.. our rescue pit seems to have claimed the "table bed" in the camper right from the start.. be nice if she chooses to stay there.. lol

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    equest likes this.
  16. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

They have foldable portable kennel. look into it as he is big and if he is used a kennel he might prefer it. At 90lbs you doing want him startled in the night by something. I do not believe in putting a dog in a position to fail. Once he is solid you can remove the kennel maybe after a few trips.

17. equest

equest Member

Fort Desoto, Pinellas County Florida (just south of St Petersburg, FL)
    :)

18. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Depends on the time of day. During the day, Ol' Roscoe is afraid he's going to miss something if he's not outside.

20171007_155951[1].jpg

After dark, his spot is normally on the couch. (I think he's still worried he going to miss something though.)

20170805_141518[1].jpg

[:)C]

Ruby Jean likes this.
  19. Tylers88

Tylers88 New Member

During the day Rocky has couple spots but more often than not when I’m cooking he has to be under my feet but he’s the same way at home, he’s a big pain in the butt sometimes but an awesome family dog so we deal with him always wanting to be right at your feet. At night either in the rear bunk with my almost 4 year old or on the floor by the dinette where my almost 2 year old sleeps, bench pad on the floor between the actual benches to keep him from rolling all over or off a bed in the night. At home he either sleeps in bed with the older boy or next to the younger boys crib.

20. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Moose-dog (85lbs) and Bat-dog (65lbs) both sleep on the bed with me. In the clipper, I have a set of plastic dog stairs that they use to get up into the cabover bed. I only put the stairs at bedtime - the rest of the time, they are stored on the bed. During the day inside the clipper, the dogs sit up in the cab watching the world or lay on the couch or floor. I put down a memory foam on the floor for Moose-dog as he is getting old.

In the FnR they like to lay on the bottom bunk and watch out the windows. But come bedtime, it's up on the top bunk with me.

No matter how big the bed, I have a narrow stretch of about 8 inches along the edge that is mine. The rest is theirs. At least I'm never cold...

Attached Files:

Ruby Jean likes this.