Where does this go?¿

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
It does look like wires related to the furnace/thermostat. In may of the Coleman models,t he furnace was optional. When they were installing the wires, they put int he furnace related to them too, since that was easier later, not knowing which exact unit would end up having a furnace installed.

NMroamer

Super Active Member
Apr 21, 2016
Albuquerque NM
On the left side of the picture there is a plastic box on the wall. What is on the other side of that on the inside of the trailer ?

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
In my 04 Utah in the cabinet beside the door the wires go to my thermostat. Sorry I don't have a picture but on mine I have wires that came out of the thermostat that ended with a clip that connected to the clip in your picture. My wires are equally as long for some reason. Things that get stored in the cabinet do snag on those wires so it's very possible that's what happened to yours.

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
If you do not have a furnace on your trailer it's likely that the connector and wires are unused. If you have rood mounted heat it likely has a thermostat built into that unit.

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Also have switch on front interrior wall that can't figure out.
That's likely a safety cutoff switch that won't allow the interior lights to remain on unless the top is fully raised.

As far as the other wires (thermostat) when built the manufacturer will run standard cable harnesses in ea trailer and if an option is not installed that portion of the wiring will be unused.
Allows dealers/owners to add the items easily later. Sounds like your trailer did not come w a furnace