Where to buy a BAL Leveler in Canada?

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by brainradio, Mar 9, 2010.

1. brainradio

brainradio 2000 Palomino Colt

Specifically Winnipeg, but I would rather not buy from the US due to freight and other charges. Suggestions welcome. thanks

2. darrenandmelissa

darrenandmelissa Member

Hey fellow Winnipeger I have thought about that before as well. I have been into Canada 1 and GNR and have never seen them before. I even got a parts catalogue from Canada 1 and I don`t even think they were in there.

Hopefully someone can help both of us out.

3. tsc

tsc Member

Can't help you on the Winnipeg part. But my local dealer offered to special order one for me. At the nice cost of $180 CAD. Um. No thanks.

According to BAL's website. There are two dealers one in ON and one in Sask

The RV Warehouse
    65 Reive Blvd (Hwy 400 & 89)
    Cookstown, ON L0L 1L0
    Phone: 705-458-4774
    Toll Free: 877-421-4600
    Fax: 705-458-1023

and

Frank Dunn RV Sales
    205 South Industrial Drive
    Prince Albert, SK S6V 7L7
    Phone: 306-764-6451
    Toll Free: 800-663-6666
    Fax: 306-764-1588

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

From what I found after trying to find any dealers within a 2 hr drive from me, is that only a handful will order the bal levelers and they do it once/season. Due to the cost once it is shipped across the border (doubled or more) it becomes difficult for them sell, so they generally use the leveler as a "bonus" for new trailer purchases.

That all said, I did find one dealer (I'll have to look for their info again) who said they could get them for 25% over the U.S list price. IIRC they would do a mass bulk order of Bal products once a year and save on shipping (cheaper per item shipping on a transport trailer then on inividual items).

The choices are limited for us Canadians, either pay way to much at a stealership for one or pay outrages S&H to get it directly from the States.

Have you looked on Kijiji and Craigslist for one?? You'd have to do the search on a daily basis, as these things go faster then the Canadian womens bobsliegh team ( [:D]). I actually found our for sale on another forum, the seller had upgraded from a pup to a TT and no longer needed it. He actually bought it from another who did the exact same thing, so I am the third owner and someday if we upgrade and no longer need it I will do the same, but that day is a long way off.

5. Retired Alex

Retired Alex New Member

Here in my part of Ontario we order from the US and have the item delivered to the UPS store in Ogdensburg, NY and cross the border and pick it up ourselves. Lots of places offer free delivery within the 48 continental states. Winnipeg isn't that far from the border.

Ottawa Camping Trailers have them in stock from time to time,but again the price is high.

6. brainradio

I called the dealer in Prince Albert. $100.94, approx 2-3 days delivery.

I think I may wait until this summer when we are south and pick one up at a camping world or something.

7. caper75

caper75 Switchin to Glide...

I bought from The Sportsmans Guide...$85 cdn to the door. It took nearly 3wks but it's April so I don't care.

8. tsc

tsc Member

Thanks for the update, I'll have to look into Sportsman guide.

9. pinecone

pinecone New Member

I ordered mine through a local dealer, who had no idea what I was talking about but went and looked in their Bal catalogue, and found it. They special ordered it in for me, I think I paid about 100 for it. Even at a higher cost than the states, it was WELL worth it.

10. bankerlkd

bankerlkd New Member

I saw one out at Walt's in Headingly a couple weeks ago. Sorry did not check the price. I ordered mine off PUx a couple years ago along with the BAL locking wheel chock. Price wise I was able to get both for the price that I was getting quoted from other dealers up here.

Only issue is they can't ship to Canada direct - I just shipped to Pembina Parcel service and picked up the next time I was down to grand forks. No hassel at the border - just pay your gst...

11. elliottj45

elliottj45 Camping with my soulmate

If money is an issue, do a search on eBay for "Tri-Leveler"

12. caper75

caper75 Switchin to Glide...

Used it for the first time at a site this past weekend. It was worth its weight in gold...landed at the site late, dusk, mosquito's the size of baseballs, not confident backing into a site that was on a hill and had to turn at a 90 degree angle....got the truck in ok "whew", had it leveled in a matter of minutes, and moved quick from there. In situations like that I'd have paid double...my advice if your looking at this thread, thinking about picking one up, just do it. It'll make live easier, and we all know camping can have its stressful moments during setup/take down. I learned a lesson a while ago, if I cheap on things I'll likely not utilize the purpose for them nearly as often. Buy the good stuff up front, and enjoy it.

13. brainradio

I couldn't get a reply from Walt's so my order was placed with the Sportsmans Guide tonight. thanks for all the info!

14. ranger guy

ranger guy New Member

i have never seen one any were in cape breton and never seen one at a campground everyone just uses some wood blocks they work ok but if i ever come across one that i don`t have to pay the same price for shipping i Will get one for sure !!

15. brainradio

I received my BAL leveller this morning and am impressed with the size and weight. I feared it may be more flimsy.

I did NOT receive a wrench with the unit. Should I have? I am sure it was to come with the ratcheting wrench.

Any comments?

16. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Yes it should have come with a wrench.. Contact your Sportaman Guide and tell them, see what they do, should just send it out. If you don't get anywhere with them then contact B.A.L (can be found by googlin' "b.a.l leveler") and see what they will do..

17. tsc

tsc Member

My wrench was wrapped in cardboard, I almost threw it out with the packaging.

18. robpedersen

robpedersen Member

I got mine at the begininng of the season at my local place in Georgetown ON, http://www.georgetownrv.ca/

Total, if I remember correctly was under $120.00 all in.

19. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I went to them 2 years ago about a problem with my Pal. (since they are a dealer for palomino) Let's just say, I won't be hurring back to them anytime soon...

I lived in Georgetown for almost 3 yrs ... then moved a little to the East..

20. GrizzlyGirl

GrizzlyGirl Too many to count!

Bought mine of Amazon.com, through Sportsman Guide. Waaaaaayyyyyy cheaper then trying to get them anywhere in Canada!! Even with shipping I think mine only came to about $80.