Where to buy new center trim piece for the roof.

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by GaryRothenberger, Apr 29, 2012.

1. GaryRothenberger

GaryRothenberger New Member

Hello everyone!
    I am needing to reseal the center seam on our pop up. I want to remove the old trim, clean it all up then reseal with eternabond tape and a new trim piece.

I see where to buy the vinyl insert, but not the actual trim.

Thanks for the help.

2. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

Welcome to the Portal, Gary. It would be helpful if you give the yr., make, and model of your PUP. Might want to put it in your signature so it's always there for members. Things like trim, gaskets, etc. can be PUP specific.

3. sg1215

sg1215 my God, my Country, my Family, my Friends, myself

Hi Gary:

I just want to comment on the vinyl insert for your trim. I rebuilt my roof a while back and put the vinyl insert in the trim. I got it at a trailer repair store. It was hard to work with and get in the track. It also blew out on my next camping trip. This time I went to the store and got a piece that was soft like rubber. It went in the track real easy using a putty knife. Good luck.

4. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Camping world caries a lot of the center vinyl trim. I got mine there. They have different widths so make sure you take a piece with you to compare.

Sharon

5. smoreking

smoreking Member

Hey Gary, If you really want to replace the aluminum trim you may need to get it from the dealer. I have had luck with pulling slowly and prying the butyl tape loose with a putty knife, scraping it clean, and re-using the old trim. Just don't twist or pull it sideways when removing it and it will bend right back into place when you put it back on.

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

[:D] Welcome from Connecticut, happy camping, enjoy. [CP] the vinyl insert is a common part, just measure the old ones width. Install it when warm and the very edge can be folded back on itself to make a nice finished end.

7. GaryRothenberger

GaryRothenberger New Member

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

Gary