Where to buy ?

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Barbara Van Deraa, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Barbara Van Deraa

Barbara Van Deraa Member

I found this on Pinterest , we prefer to buy than make out of a tarp . Anyone know where we can buy something like this?

upload_2021-1-2_10-2-54.png

Doughboy43 likes this.
  2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Papa Glenn and DiamondGirl like this.
  3. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ Diamond Supporting Member

@Barbara Van Deraa

By the looks of the unit from your pic, it’s an AVAN model which is sold in Australia. AVAN’s are made better than our Aliners manufactured in the US. I wish ours were made like theirs. Their off road capabilities are amazing and units are built with better quality suspension and frame materials for taking their units off road. They have stricter regulations. I still am a fan of Aliners because that’s what we have here in the US. But if AVAN ever decides to compete in the US, it’s definitely a better product. There are companies in Australia which manufactures and sells canopies for AVAN’s.

Canopy Down Unda: https://www.canopydownunda.com/
    Adelaide Annexe & Canopies:
    https://adelaideannexe.com.au/product/avan-awnings/

Their canopies look amazing. Wish I could afford one. I’m sure there’s probably more Australian companies manufacturing canopies for AVAN units.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

4. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Well-Known Member

I guarantee a boat tarp shop could easily make one. Most do awnings and such also and if they had the camper to use as template I am sure they could make you something amazing.

5. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Well-Known Member

The first clue would be that the door is on the wrong side depending on what country you are from. Jayco had a killer looking off road pup built down under. I don't know if they got rid of that also but, tent type trailers appear to be much bigger down there than here. Their road system is not as developed down there as here. That makes it mandatory things be built better just to get it home.

6. Barbara Van Deraa

Barbara Van Deraa Member

I’ve emailed a local awning company to see if they can make me one. They will be in touch the beginning of the work week...will see what they come up with .

7. Susan Premo

Susan Premo Well-Known Member

We bought a clam screen shelter, you can buy wind screens, they cover 3 sides. It's really nice.

Doughboy43 likes this.
  8. Barbara Van Deraa

Barbara Van Deraa Member

Yes , I was interested in clams , but the reviews tell me they don’t “breathe” because of the no seeum mesh screening. What have you found regarding that ? I have been wanting to talk to some one regarding that.

9. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

No they dont breathe well. They get hot , but they work. Its great if its colder out, not so much for summer.

Barbara Van Deraa likes this.
  10. Susan Premo

Susan Premo Well-Known Member

Well, t think it gets enough breeze through it, what I don't like is, we are bird watchers, and the mesh makes it harder to focus our binoculars. We were at a very windy site last year, on a lake, so we had the clam set up back in the trees, we cooked inside the clam. I have to set it up alone, I have how to do it in my head, and cant explain to my dh how to do it. But, when it comes to pulling out the sides, I need him to help me. It's a bit hard until you do it a few times. And it's me, not him, I just need to do that. I'm weird that way.

Doughboy43 likes this.
  11. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Adventures with KODI in AZ Diamond Supporting Member

We use Canopies with our Aliner. Easier to set up and take down. We currently have a 13x13 Coleman Instant Eaved Shelter canopy from Costco. It’s lightweight and easy to set up. The only downside is, it’s not tall enough to allow the door to open. We set up the canopy in front of the door but with enough space to allow the door to open and close. We keep the side walls off unless it rains to allow better air circulation. If it rains, we will set up the side walls I bought from Amazon. They were manufactured from a company that sells accessories for EzUp’s and other canopy brands. The sidewalls are easy to attach to the canopy frame. We don’t have a lot of mosquitoes like other areas since it’s pretty dry in AZ.

https://www.costco.com/coleman-13'-x-13'-instant-eaved-shelter.product.100394980.html

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

12. JimPH

JimPH New Member

Y
    You can purchase one from Paha Que Wilderness Inc. that’s where I got one for out Aliner Classic. Made for the Aliner. Fits perfectly. Really like it.

Rik Peery likes this.
  13. Barbara Van Deraa

Barbara Van Deraa Member

Jim ! Ha ! My son lives in Apple Valley! Yes, I think we will buy from pahaque que

14. Thorofin

Thorofin New Member

Econ and Rik Peery like this.
  15. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I use the Airhead suction cups & have 4 of these tarp poles, they've gone up some over the past couple of years but work really well..
    https://www.amazon.com/GARDEN-PRO-Telescoping-Tarp-Poles/dp/B07DHT45VY?th=1

Thorofin and Econ like this.