Where to put the blue boy?

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Steveo4090, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Well-Known Member

I ordered a 21 gal. CAMCO because of handling the loaded weight. I have not unboxed it yet but, my plans are to carry it on the roof right in front of the A/C. Will see where that goes in a few days.

2. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

Just a quick update on this. Our trip went well and the tote stayed right where it was supposed to be. We did fill the black tank...all the way lol...in the course of the weekend, but I didn't use the tote. We were almost ready to leave on Sunday when it filled up so there was no point. I just dumped it at the dump station along with the grey tank.

On Monday I filled the tank back up and put chemicals in it and let it sit to try and break down the residual solids. Dumped that again on Friday after work and it seemed to do the trick. Afterwards when I used the tank rinsers it ran clean very quickly...and the sensor worked correctly again.

I'm always amazed at how much "stuff" is left in the tank after doing the regular dump out. Its pretty gross actually lol.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Well-Known Member

I bought the 21 gal. Rhino and carry it strapped down right in front of the A/C. I also stop at the first car wash on the way home and steam it out good. When we aren't camping we use it gather milk from our cows that won't come in the barn. I always make sure to hide it before gathering truck gets here or they won't certify it as organic.

4. kking315@bellsouth.net

[email protected] New Member

Be super mindful of how the bumper is attached to your unit before you mount anything, My friend didn't and lost 2 expensive bikes because the Coleman Niagra Bumper was attached with large Aluminum Rivets. He never recovered his bumper or the bikes, he also lost the bunk supports for the bed for the week! Expensive lesson!

5. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

An empty tote tank would be a very different load, sitting on the bumper, than much heavier bouncing bike, held out and away from the bumper. A 10lb empty tote tank is much lighter than 90lbs or more of bicycles.

6. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

I'm aware of the many issues with attaching heavy objects to a camper bumper that hasn't been properly reinforced. I have friends that lost 4 bikes, the rack, bumper, and sewage hose in the bumper while on the road.

Anyway, like said above, the tote tank is big but not anywhere near as heavy as a single bike on a rack. Plus I removed the mount for the useless grill and the spare tire too. The only thing on the bumper is the tote and it's way under the 100 lb "limit".

Thank you for the concern though. Not everyone is aware of the problems that can occur when stock rv bumpers meet heavy loads.

Snow and Sjm9911 like this.
  7. Taxus812

Taxus812 Member

I’m missing something? You use the poop tote, then clean it and use it for organic milk ? Please say that milk dumped out as waste? Not being a farmer it read to me that way.

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

This sounds revolting.

9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Another reason not to go "organic" ...

JimmyM likes this.