Where to spray the waterproofing spray

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by crisnrich, Jul 1, 2009.

1. crisnrich

crisnrich New Member

Ok, I know this will sound dumb, but we have the vinyl backed canvas. Do we spray the Sno-Seal on the vinyl side, or the canvas (inside) or inside AND outside? We need to seal up the bunk end seams. Thanks

2. dupreet

dupreet New Member

I would reserve the Sno-Seal for the seams.....on the outside. You will need a spray waterproofing like 303 or Scotchguard for Outdoor Fabrics to apply to the exterior (vinyl) surface.

3. crisnrich

crisnrich New Member

OK, so I don't spray any sno-seal on the inside which is the canvas side? Just spray over the seam stitching on the outside?

As far as we can tell, the only leaking is coming thru the seams. The vinyl walls seem to be holding the water out, just coming in thru the stitching where the bunk support pushes against the canvas.

4. dupreet

dupreet New Member

If your seams are the only problem, then yes, you will apply it to them....outside would be most effective. FWIW, Sno-Seal is a beeswax compound that is that is applied by hand....its not a spray. You will find it in a small pint-sized paint can.

Good Luck!

5. crisnrich

crisnrich New Member

Oh...thanks for the clarification. I have the orange capped spray from Walmart...it says it's made by Sno-Seal. thought it was the same thing. Boy do I still have a lot to learn! LOL [RTM] Thanks for the help! :)

6. krh1130

krh1130 New Member

Thanks for asking this question....I was wondering the same thing!!! [:D]

7. Daduv3Boys

Daduv3Boys American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!

Thanks Cris. I too was wondering if we did it right. Now we all know!

8. NismoGriff

NismoGriff New Member

I too was wondering about this. I doesn't appear to have any leaks after it sat open in my driveway through many rains and it rained on our first trip out. However, I was wondering how often the sealing is done? Every year? Only if it leaks? Usage dependant?