Where's all the Starcraft owners?

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by Detroit_Iron, Apr 2, 2013.

1. larsch8

larsch8 New Member

We have a 2000 Venture Mod. 2407, first time Pup users, purchased used (obviously right?) a few weeks ago.
    I've a question. I need to get a battery. The owners manual says to get a Deep Cycle Battery with not less than 150 minutes of reserve.
    Which RV battery do a look for??
    Thanks

2. Firehawk068

Firehawk068 Active Member

If yours already has a battery, and it looks like it fills up the battery box, look for the group size number on the battery label.
    Almost all of them use standard sizing : Group-24, Group-27, Group-29, Group-31.......etc
    If there is no label or size listed on the battery, measure the length-width-height of the battery, and compare it to the new ones.
    When shopping for a marine/rv battery, you will find some of them listed as "Dual-Purpose". This means that they can be used for starting the boat engine AND deep cycle use. (stay away from these, they typically don't have as much reserve capacity for long duration use)
    Get one that is a true "Deep-Cycle" single purpose battery. Brand doesn't really matter much, as all brands of batteries are made by only a couple major battery manufacturers.
    Get the biggest one that will fit in your battery box

3. Firehawk068

Firehawk068 Active Member

Also forgot to add.............StarCraft owner in Colorado here!
    2007 34-RT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. DandLBack

DandLBack New Member

We just purchased a used Starcraft 2406 last weekend. I was reading the manual and found the annual maintenance list and figured that would be a good place to start. So when I saw that I would need an anode for the water heater, I started Googling to see what I could find...and I found Popup Portal! What good fortune!

I don't know if the 2004 model 2406 has a battery charger built into the converter. I did not see any mention of that in the manual. If it does great. If not, well we intend to do some off-grid camping, so I'd like to install a solar panel on the roof to charge the battery.

So questions:

1) DOES the converter in a 2004 Starcraft model 2406 charge the battery when the trailer is plugged in?

2) Any suggestions on how to connect the solar panel/charge controller to the battery so as not to interfere with the converter?

3) Should I just make it so the solar panel/charge controller is disconnected or switched off when the trailer is plugged in?

Thanks all.

5. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

I would suggest a folding portable solar array.
    Plug directly to battery, and you can move the panels for optimum exposure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

6. jezter6

jezter6 New Member

2005 Starcraft Model 2407 here, just purchased over the weekend.

I love it already!!!!!!!!!!

7. lawmanphil

lawmanphil Becoming a camper again.

We purchased a 2002 Starcraft last year. I grew up with the brand and it never once failed my family through hardcore travel. (The maintance was kept up). When I was in the market for a pop up I found a great deal on a Startcraft that resembled the one I grew up with. Not a hater of other brands, just wanted something I was familiar with for my first.

8. Darian1952

Darian1952 New Member

Right here! '02 'Star Shuttle' toy hauler.

9. shaune509

shaune509 Member

just finished repairing a new to me '79 starmaster7, po was not very good at maintance after fixing the water system, rewiring the trailer tow lights painting the frame and replacing 2 sets of bad wheel bearings along with going throw the propane system we will take it out this coming week end. the costs do add up, trailer was 450, 110 for title fees, 100 for bearings and seal sleeve and other misc I hope the family is going to be happy with it.
    Shaune509

10. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

Just rebuilt a 92 metro lite. Hope to go camping next week for the first time, EVER :)

Link to my build log below [;)]

11. MrsGregg

MrsGregg New Member

DH & I are the owners of a 1998 Starcraft Venture 2407. My parents bought it in 2002 (2nd owner), but decided to go to the dark side and "upgrade" to a TT. They gifted us the PUP a few years ago and I'm itching to renovate it. We have taken it on many camping trips & it's in great condition, I'm just tired of the 90s fabric choices. Anyone else with this model do any mods to theirs? I'd love to see pics!

12. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I assume you have seen thepopupprincess.com?

Symon likes this.
  13. MrsGregg

MrsGregg New Member

Yes, I have. [:D] I have so many pins on my pinterest board from her website! I just wish I could find some that are model specific (or even in the slightest bit) because ours has the dinette slide-out & just looks so different from other PUs.

14. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

HMMM...I saw one somewhere with the slide out- I'm not sure if you also follow her on Facebook? She shows some there that are not on the website.

15. Slapdash Garage

Slapdash Garage Member

Slowly resurrecting a '73 Starflite 6... Complete with lemon-yellow floor, tabletop and original, unripped canvas (and believe you me, it smells original!)...

16. NEKPOPUP

NEKPOPUP Member

17. ChocoChock01

Anyone know where to buy Sheperd Pole c-clips?

18. Kegger

Kegger New Member

[SUN]New Starcraft owner 2006 - my first pup, located in Phx. .I bought the high side with a cargo space storage on the front. Love it, cannot wait to use it for the first time, replacing the tires, gas lines, battery and going to install an awning. Also want to get a solar panel and mount to the front storage bin.

Attached Files:

19. ChocoChock01

I have found going with a portable solar array to be a more versatile arrangement to optimize sun exposure. You can move it as the sun moves and still be parked in the shade.

Safaribabe likes this.
  20. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Love your tent setup... I need to look into something similar. My 2008 Starcraft R/T14 awning has dry rotted on me.

Looks like I might do something similar to what you have here and maybe use the awning slide rail to attach to my setup...

I was thinking of just getting a 10 foot canopy from WALMART and setup by the front door but this tent idea sure looks like it would be much better...

Will have to research a tent add-on perhaps... With my front deck and truck bed I have plenty of room to bring something like this along for my trips...

This is my setup
    [​IMG]
    Roy's image

Roy Ken