Where's all the Starcraft owners?

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by Detroit_Iron, Apr 2, 2013.

1. KeatesCamping

KeatesCamping Member

We just bought our Starcraft Venture 1702 last week. Currently working on cleaning and canvas repairs. We've always tent camped so we have no idea what we are doing, lol. We're just tired of being on the ground as we have been for 14 years.
    It's old and small but it will work for us for a summer or two we hope. We're calling it our practice trailer, lol

Boopie Nuovo and Milemaker13 like this.
  2. kprusac

kprusac New Member

We just got a 2008 Centennial 3606 about a month ago. We've had it out twice getting it dialed in for a trip next weekend with the grand kids! We absolutely love it! pup1.jpg pup2.jpg pup3.jpg pup4.jpg

J Starsky, Be-Ce and Boopie Nuovo like this.
  3. Be-Ce

Be-Ce Active Member

@kprusac Nice! And welcome on board.

4. kprusac

kprusac New Member

Thanks Be-Ce! I live in Corvallis & work in Albany!

5. Be-Ce

Be-Ce Active Member

@kprusac there you go, I'm the opposite: I live in Albany and work in Corvallis!

6. Robert McCaskill

Robert McCaskill New Member

7. Robert McCaskill

Robert McCaskill New Member

I have a 1993 Starcraft Starduster. I live near Pacific Missouri (STL)

J Starsky likes this.
  8. platcecila50

platcecila50 New Member

We have a 1998 Starcraft Venture 2101. Purchased new in 1998.
    I am updating our popup.I want to remove the curtains each time we fold down the popup.
    My CHALLENGE is CURTAINS and systems used to hold curtains. M
    I purchased cheap cloth drop cloths..washed alot dried and sewed a casing to slide easily on the rods.
    I have purchased tension shower curtain rods for the bunkends. Perfect for my curtains. Needs support for center..about the placement of the shepherd hook, to extend each bunk end.
    LONG SIDES..LENGTH OF THE POPUP BASE.
    The sides the LENGTH of the POPUP BASE. I purchased a very long extension curtain rods..to hang my drop cloth curtains upon.
    *** My questions are..
    #1. WHERE would you secure the curtain rod supports?
    The ROOF. Or. SIDES of the top of the Popup
    Do I use..a small screw? DO I use a clear sealer like liquid nails?
    #2. DO you suggest another system..
    I have seen the original tabs onto fabric..but they did not slide...
    #3. Is my fabric choice way too heavy?
    PLEASE. HELP ME..BY YOUR SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT WORKED FOR YOU.
    We live in Mount Ida, Arkansas 5 minutes from Beautiful Lake Ouachita... Beautiful and very very clean water
    Many Thanks.. Vickie Wheeler

9. davekro

davekro Active Member

We bought a '99 Stardust 10' box, no slide out in August. The ceiling has some wavy & soft spots as well as a 2' seam that has dropped down. We washed it when we got it home and that let water in water through about 2-3 +/- 1/2" slices/ holes in the one piece aluminum roof sheet (I later found these and sealed w/ Dicor). I had hoped/assumed that 4-6 weeks of high 90º weather would have baked any and all the moisture out of the roof. Apparently I was wrong.

Pup Ceiling-3.jpg
    Pup Ceiling-2.jpg
    Yesterday morning I removed the ceiling vent frame and the portion of the ceiling layer 'held up' by the frame lowered down about 6" at that end. I left the project until mid afternoon when I had been to Home Depot looking at options and sizes of ≈ 1/8" ceiling panels 2'x4' or 4'x8', other sizes smaller in sheet metal or Alum.). When I went inside, I found water on the floor and counter. Maybe about an ounce or less, but still, sitting water on the floor. :/ Now I'm thinking:
    1) Do NOT Seal the ceiling up now, there is some at least moisture still up there. The other areas of the ceiling where the vinyl is wavy and underneath luan is soft, may still have moisture too.
    2) Maybe just leave the 'hanging' part to air out until next season's heat, then look at securing it with an 1/8" sheet.
    3) We really like this floor plan, but have been contemplating a 10' -12' w/ a slide out. This roof worries me for long term keeping. :/
    4) Having sealed the visible holes in the thin aluminum sheeted roof, I'm wondering if I should paint/ seal the entire roof soon in case small holes still let in dew, washing water and eventual rain?
    4) Has anyone repaired their Starcraft's ceiling and have any thoughts?

In September, I posted a thread hoping for insights for repairs, but only got one suggestion to search for 'rebuilding roof'.
    https://www.popupportal.com/threads/ceiling-repair-99-starcraft.126715/
    I have watched numerous total roof rebuild Youtubes and that is not a project I am interested in doing. If that is really called for, I'll sell it and get those other features we're liking.

I'm glad I just found this Starcraft thread, as I too was wondering where all the SC folks were. ;)

Attached Files:

10. davekro

davekro Active Member

Any Starcraft owners know what the wood frame pieces sizes are and spacing? From this old 2010 thread with blurred out pics, it looks like along the sides front to back are maybe 1"x3" and the cross wise wood pieces are probably 1" thick x 1 1/2" wide.
    https://www.popupportal.com/threads/starcraft-roof-repair-complete-long-with-lots-of-pics.34484/

One joint I can get a wire in at on the roof of my '99's ceiling vent, I can verify that one of the pieces framing the vent opening is actual 1" thick x 1 5/8" wide. The stud finder is giving erratic readings through the 1/8" Luan panel. Anyone know how many cross strips of wood there are (on a 10' roof) and can confirm the width of the front to back side pieces? Eventually, I plan to mount 4'x 7' 1/8" white sheets over my existing ceiling attached with truss head screws, hopefully into the 1" thick cross and edge framing. I'll wait until next season so I can be 'sure' the roof's interior is completely dry. I just move the pup into the garage until I can Tropicool coat the entire roof to be sure no pin holes remain that I could not see. I sealed the holes I could find with Dicor sealant.

11. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

If you can open up the pup in your garage, stick a space heater in there with an oscillating fan to blow air around (and open the windows about an inch to let the moisture out). Winter air tends to be dry, so you should be able to get all the moisture out of the roof quickly enough. If you take down the ceiling pieces you plan to replace, it should go even quicker.