Which one first (poll)

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by C. VanHart, Apr 14, 2020.

Which Item should I purchase first?

1. Furion Back up Camera system

46.2%
  2. Generac 2200 inverter generator

53.8%
  1. C. VanHart

C. VanHart Getting back to it,

Between my cancelled reservation money and the overtime at work I'm able to make a slightly bigger purchase now in addition to the one I was saving up to do by September. The question is which do I do first?

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Kind of hard to help you not knowing anything about your camping style. Under what circumstances would you use a genny? Personally, I would look at back up cameras that are way less expensive than the furrion.

friartuck, kcsa75 and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Do you plan to boondock and AC?

Melissa Freeman likes this.
  4. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Is there a "NEED" for either one?
    I want a genny but not necessarily to use while camping. It serves other purposes as well.

xxxapache likes this.
  5. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I towed trailers of all shapes and sizes for over 25 years before getting a camera. I ordered the 360 degree camera package on my last truck. I forget it's there and still watch the mirrors when backing.

I bought a generator more for my house than camping. We have used it for several days long power outages over the past 10 years. I have used it to power the trailer when we wanted AC and electric wasn't available. It's nice to know you can. On my last trip last fall, we traveled through several states with no itinerary. We didnt know if we might be boondocking or not. I hauled the gen close to 2k miles and never took the cover off of it. We had peace of mind knowing we could make our own electricity if needed, though.

Kyle R Thorson and Sjm9911 like this.
  6. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

Without knowing what you want to run with a generator and how much you'd use it, can't make a recommendation.
    We dry camp a lot and don't need to run the a/c, so our Honda 2000i inverter generator works for us.
    If you dry camp or boondock a lot, I'd pick the generator over the camera system.

7. C. VanHart

C. VanHart Getting back to it,

Well we don’t usually boondock except in Vermont at the end of the year. And apparently the poll is now null and void because the better half saw it and said she wanted the camera so we can see behind us when we’re driving. And unfortunately I think I’ll be putting in enough O.T. To be able to get the generator relatively soon as well. I do thank everyone for there input though and hopefully we’ll get to go Camping soon!

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

So... Camera it is then!
    The only boondocking trip we take is the VT rally and don't need the AC. So my little HF genny does the trick as an emergency charger for my neighbors.