Whiffletree Cover for 2006 Fleetwood Graphite - help needed

Oswald2255

Jun 22, 2022
Hi. I'm looking for a whiffle tree cover for my pop up. The parts manuals show the Element and Evolution Series of the Fleetwood pop ups as having the same part number. I can't seem to find one and was thinking of manufacturing one from sheet metal. I have the dimensions, but not the gauge of sheet metal to use. Can anyone please lmk the gauge or thickness of a whiffle tree cover? Thank you. O

bondebond

Super Active Member
Aug 14, 2008
If that cover is anything like what was on my 2006 Fleetwood, there's no magic to it. It's just a rectangle of steel with holes drilled in it to line up with the framing underneath.

F. Jake Glotz

Sep 1, 2021
Boise Idaho
I agree with above, it was a substantial piece and a bit heavy to hold up and install. I think it is important to protect the mechanism from rocks and stumps and other hazards on the road or campground. It also adds stability to the mechanism. Colemanpopupparts showed a generic wiffle tree cover (out of stock) but the website nor the parts book shows the gauge. You might try calling them and seeing if they can tell you.

RV Satman

Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2015
Trinity, NC
I would say a MINIMUM of 1/16, 1/8 better. The cover plate is there not so much to protect the wiffle tree from debris as it is to hold the frame square when the roof is being raised and in the up position. The full load (weight) of the roof is being placed on the wiffle assembly and the frame that surrounds it.

NEVER crank your roof up or down, or have it in the raised position with the plate removed. You can remove the plate with the roof raised ONLY with the roof properly supported with some kind of braces. Same rule applies when servicing or adjusting the roof hieght/level. Best to install the plate with the roof fully lowered (no load ).

Oswald2255

Jun 22, 2022
Found one for an Evolution E1 and it has the same parts number. Ordered it and will see how well it fits next week. Thanks for all the tips and help.