Whispering Pines CG-Hope Valley, RI

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by jash1178, Mar 6, 2012.

1. jash1178

jash1178 You can't fix stupid!

We live in NC now but are from RI, to this day this is still my favorite CG. We go back whenever we get the chance. [PU][TV]

http://whisperingpinescamping.com/

2. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

What part of Rhodey are you from? Any good weiner joints down in NC? Don't you miss the coffee milk?

3. jash1178

Wiener joints down here [LOL] they do not know what a hot wiener is. As far as coffee milk I get the syrup brought down by family so I keep well stocked, as well as frozen wieners, sauce, and Dells lemonade dry mix.......gotta love the tastes of New England! [A] I am from East Providence.

4. suprz

suprz may you never doubt yourself....

I have been thereafter years back, and it was just OK...nothing special, the bathrooms were run down, and dirty, the "pond" is just deep enough for a canoe, I didn't see anything special about it. I wouldn't go back . I would go to Charlie brown campground in CT, close to the RI border and a lot nicer I think.... Check RV park reviews ....

5. jash1178

Well you know the whole saying about opinions [LOL] [LOL] On the serious note though, maybe you went like other CG reviews I have read, during a peak time when the CG was just overrun. [:)C]

6. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

Nice! We ship syrup to our freinds and relatives down south too. DW and I had dinner on Federal Hill recently... really is a great place.

7. jash1178

Yea my brother owns New England's oldest tattoo shop located on Federal Hill right on Atwells. The name is Artistic Tattooing, been there since 1969. :)

8. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

We were camping at Whispering Pines a few years back. A seemingly ordinary campground here in the Northeast.
    Nothing particularly of note except that on a Saturday night about 2 am, one of those tall whispering pine branches came crashing down about 50 ft crushing a tent about five sites away from us.
    Fortunately, it was a seasonal site and no one was in the tent. The light show that ensued afterwards lit up the entire pup like daylight. The branch that fell had taken out an overhead electrical line.
    Needless to say, we haven't camped there since.

9. IVBENS

IVBENS New Member

I'm going to check them out! I'm in the market for some ink. Thanks!

10. suprz

suprz may you never doubt yourself....

I got my tattoo at artistic tattoo! Nice place

11. pudge

pudge Active Member

This campground has new owners. We went in April and they are very nice and are doing a wonderful job doing the little things that make a campground a nice place to stay

12. heathermax

heathermax New Member

That is where I got my first tattoo!

jash1178 likes this.
  13. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Stayed for the spring fling deal this year. so due to personal and family things along with some crappy weather . we camped only 10 nights maybe.
    so 650 bucks not sure about the value.

they do offer staying all 9 weeks if you choose, we could not with kids and work.
    i did like not towing and just heading from work there to meet the wife and kids friday afternoon
    the facility for nice and the sites were big
    we will return. i am not sure if we will do the spring deal again.

14. Upstate Matt

Upstate Matt New Member

Seemed like mainly seasonal campers. Spent 2 nights and it was ok. You have to push a button to be let in that rings to someones cell phone that could barely be heard on both ends. By the time I got in there were 3 cars behind me, they probably had a key code or pass cards to get in.

15. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

I am again returning to do the Spring fling thing as they offer the best deal so far
    April 15 to June 23- You can camp when you choose and no limitations even during the week for 615 plus electric, so 11 weeks .

This year the school vacation week falls on on the day of camping so if weather holds the wife will take the kids .