Who is going camping for Memorial Day weekend?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by eoitker, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Srt4inliny

Srt4inliny "It ain't campin if ya can't hear nature"

we are headding to Butterfly Camping Resort in Jackson, NJ. Heading to Six Flags either Saturda or Sunday. I will post pics when we get home. hope everyone has a great time.

2. Jflyboym

Jflyboym Member

The worst camping trip I ever had was at Patoka Lake on Memorial Day weekend. Crowded, unruly and just plain horrible. No for me.

3. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

all packed up. leaving after work today should have camp set up by 6pm at shenago rec area 60 % chance of rain today, but the weekend looks great, highs 69-70 and not precipation. [8D]

4. packerfan1

packerfan1 Let's go camping

well our family is going to go camping for the memorial weekend. going to start Wednesday night and will probably head back Sunday sometime went to the campground last night and got her set up that's about 15 -17 miles from where we live so it's kinda close and convenient.glad we got there when we did place is filling up fast I think we're going to have a great time have a great weekend will keep you posted.

5. phins_jazy

phins_jazy New Member

Is it Friday yet??????? :)

6. jam0911

jam0911 Member

We were planning a last minute one night trip just down the road. Then we remembered that our TV has to be put in the shop due to a fender bender my Brother put in it. So now I'm unsure wether to use my (old faithful) 90 Chevy and go ahead with the one night trip or just use DW car for a day trip...

7. rms62003

rms62003 New Member

Wish I could, but got stuck on call for the third holiday this year. [:(!] Had a great time camping last weekend, and can't wait until I can get out there again.

Oh well, good time to do some Spring Cleaning of the garage (I hope) to fit more PUP stuff! :)

8. Farmers wife

Farmers wife New Member

We are! Made our reservation last August. The pup has been up in the yard for over a week now, and I'm slowly moving our camping gear into it. This is the "maiden" voyage of our "new-to-us" 1997 Coleman Sea Pine.

We camp with many friends every year for Memorial Day weekend. The evening meal is shared at one site. We are "assigned" what to bring by last name. Kids have fun, grown-ups catch up. Church service Sunday morning down by the lake.

9. jdubois

jdubois New Member

Lousy weather forecasted for southeast MA this weekend. [:(]. Three nights at Horsenech Beach in the rain may be pretty gloomy. What a way to make our maiden voyage.

If it gets too awful, at least we're only 10 miles from home. [:!]

10. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

We suppose to go camping on some friends properity along a river in the blue ridge but he having some medical problems so had to cancel and everything is booked up for mem day weekend so the wife and i will be working around the house and work on the pool. just spend time with the kids and granddaughter and do some dutch oven cooking this weekend!!!!

11. CamperJenn

CamperJenn Member

Leaving tomorrow morning for Michigan!

Hoping the border isn't too crazy.. Trying to leave early enough.

12. chiefjefe

chiefjefe New Member

[PU] heading to Fort Wilderness with friends this weekend! Looking forward to it!

13. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

We usually avoid holiday weekends if we can.
    Some friends are going this weekend and we would have joined them but we already had plans.

14. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Going to brave the holiday crowd, but went up last night to beat the Friday rush. Then were there for the entire week after. The weatherman is saying lows in the low 30's Friday and Saturday night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

Last Mem Day was our maiden voyage. Wanted to go earlier, but work + weather prevented it. Did one camp driveway, but wasn't enough.

Was outside Steamboat Springs, CO, at around 7,200 feet. Due to a miscommunication, we didn't have enough bedding. Our furnace wasn't able to keep up with the 20 F nights and we didn't bring a heater. Froze during night 1. It was snowing on Day 2. Made some adjustments, but not enough ... still froze on night 2. Finally got it figured out (bought the last heater at Walmart), but was a rough couple of nights until we did.

So, bad weather + maiden voyage is definitely not optimal. However, you'll still have a great trip with some good memories.

16. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Hey let us know how Ft. Wilderness is as the DW and I are going to book a date if things go as well as we suspect they will this first weekend.

Doc

17. ecupcar

ecupcar New Member

I hate Memorial Day camping... but am going anyway, grin. I can honestly say I am happy that I am not leaving today as originally planned. It's 47 and spitty rain in Chicago and it would have been miserable!

18. 5willards

5willards New Member

Itching to hit the road already! 21 hours & counting [;)] [PU] [SUN] [CP]

19. ridenred333

ridenred333 New Member

I know who's not going, this guy [:(] just to much to do and not enough money right now...

However just wanted to tell everyone be safe and have a great weekend, give us updates on any new campgrounds you try.

Also don't lose sight of what this weekends holiday is for.

20. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

Agreed. Would be great to see a bunch of detailed reviews with pics in the respective review forums.

I'm going to miss the Thunder Valley MX race, which sucks, but can't wait to get out and camp. I'll be wearing this on Monday:
    [​IMG]