Who is going camping for Memorial Day weekend?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by eoitker, Apr 29, 2013.

1. rambus

rambus Member

We usually do a big camping trip with family, but Sandy put a hurting on most of my cousin's campers. One of my cousins lives in the woods on a large piece of property so we will be "camping" at their house. Not the same thing but its better than nothing.

2. icsopris

icsopris Is it Friday yet?

Got my backpack loaded up last night, mere 50 pounds with water and food!

We'll be in the backcountry of Canyonlands, UT where we won't see a soul for days! Weather looks hot, almost 90 every day, which we are sooo ready for after this wet spring we had.

http://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/needles.htm

Hope you all have a super weekend and enjoy your camping trips.

I'll be thinking of you relaxing in your Pop Ups while I'm lugging around the tent and gear, 50+ lbs on my back!

Happy Camping!!!

3. 5willards

5willards New Member

Is officially beach bound! A happy & safe holiday weekend to all! [8D]

4. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

I'll be right behind you, 5willards! If I see any Pups on the road, I'm going to give them a 'raise the roof' sign. Have a happy and safe weekend.

Campit

5. 172av8r

172av8r New Member

Got the PUP packed and heading to Old Orchard beach Maine with about 8 other families! Should be great fun! It's raining up here in NE, but we'll make the best of it.

6. mainahman

mainahman All the worlds indeed a stage

Supposed to rain all weekend too Boo! Enjoy Old Orchard! We love that area in the summer, and only like an hour and a half drive from home.

7. phins_jazy

phins_jazy New Member

Currently on the road to the mountains as I type this...... From the co-captain seat of course. :) woot, woot!

8. rsttoole

rsttoole Hello from Boise Idaho

We stay home on Holiday weekends. To many other weekends in the year when we don't need to compete with folks for camping places in the mountains!

9. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

It's finally here!! Memorial Day ... camping season is open:

Best day ever

10. MIPeaceDudeCamper

MIPeaceDudeCamper New Member

We are headed out at 1pm, the sun is shining, clear skies forecast for the entire weekend, and it's a balmy 41 degrees here in MI. That's ok, we are bringing bikes and I prefer the cool nights and maybe the bugs won't be a problem. We are taking our maiden voyage of the season to a private CG about 40 minutes from home and good friends are camping in their PUP next to us, it's a mini-rally.

Everyone have a fun, safe and relaxing weekend in your wonderful little vacation-homes-on-wheels. Peace!

11. fritz_monroe

fritz_monroe New Member

We will be headed out this afternoon. But it's a later departure than I thought it would be. There's problems at work, so I don't know when I'll be able to leave. Hopefully I'll be able to get out at least on time.

12. eoitker

eoitker Member

Ok, I started this thread almost a month ago and have enjoyed reading all the posts. There has been a couple of changes to my camping plans but we will be going to Mark Twain Missouri State Park on Mark Twain Lake. We leave in a couple of hours! I hope everyone has a great time but BE SAFE! Take some good pictures to share too.

13. Checkered24

Checkered24 Member

Rolling out in a couple hours. Waiting for my wife to get out of work. Backed, hitched, and itching to roll!

14. bccamper

bccamper Member

We will be leaving in about 2 hours for Hoffmaster SP on Lake Michigan for 3 nights. This is slowly becoming our annual Memorial Day weekend trip.

15. Hawks

Hawks Member

So jealous of everyone, we had our long week-end last week.

Hope everyone has a great memorial day week-end, especially if you are lucky enough to be camping!

16. Indy

Indy Member

Super jealous of everyone who is out and enjoying the long weekend. I'm sitting home crying over wasted reservations and crushed dreams, as my TV sits in the shop awaiting repairs. *SIGH* I haven't camped in a month now, and that is tragic.

17. chiefjefe

chiefjefe New Member

We have been a few times before, it is very clean, the bathrooms are air conditioned and there is a lot to do. You can fish, they have a nice pool, lots of other things to do. Bring your bikes. As you can imagine it is pricey though!

18. Troutfishing

Troutfishing Member

Don't like those holiday trips or camping, our camping starts Monday the 27th.

19. jdubois

jdubois New Member

Well, we finally made it - our first PUP trp! Horseneck State Beach CG in Bristol Cty., MA. Blowing 10, gusts to 20, but hunkered down behind the dunes. Fog misting sideways, 8' breakers on the beach, wet and sand ALL OVER the NTU pup. DD going to bed, DW and me sitting by the fire; cold..... damp..... And happy as SHxT that its not raining! (Whew)

20. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

Sitting home now and LOVING IT. The wind is blowing like crazy in the Philadelphia area with gust that feel like 30-40 mph at times and its freezing outside. Friends went to Rehoboth Beach Delaware, a trip that normally takes about 2 hrs and it took them 4 hrs to get there but I imagine the coastal breeze feels worse. Normally I would go to the beach but not on a holiday and with the weather like this I'm so glad we are home. I know the camping grounds also get a lot of tents so they will probably sleep in the car tonight. Next weekend should hit near 90 and that might be a better weekend to kick off the camping season.