Who is taking Mama camping this coming weekend?

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by JeepMama, May 5, 2014.

1. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Jeepin Dad and the boys are taking me camping Friday thru Sunday as my Mother's Day gift! Other than our Disney/Fort Wilderness camping trip in March, this is our first camping trip of the season. I am super excited. We are trying out a camp ground we have never camped at but I have always wanted to try, Susquehanna State Park in Maryland. Weather sounds awesome too, high 70's, low 80's during the daytime, possible pop up thunderstorms.

Where are you taking Mom?

EDIT: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

2. Rynderz

Rynderz Lifelong Camper

Wendy - so.jealous. [A]
    Have a great time!! Hope this means the boys do all the set up and cooking and dishes right [;)] [:D]

Trying to talk my mom inot coming to Pogaken for the Halloween Rally - she'll stay in the lodge [LOL]

EDIT: Happy Mother's Day!!!

3. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Hope your moms day camp trip is great! Have fun and happy mothers day in advance [SUN] :)

4. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Peter usually cooks breakfast and dinner when we camp. Dishes wont get done unless I do them, LOL.

And thanks for the Mother's Day wishes vagov [;)]

5. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Our mother did so much when we were young and my father was alive to go camping.
    She never had time to enjoy herself. Soon will be the first time most of my family will be together (since then) to celebrate on many fronts. The fact that remaining family is still on the right side of the ground after a few very hard years... Mama's Day and the Pup's maiden voyage! I've gone through a lot of trouble to get things ready and have great food on hand for the cook-out! Now... just watching the weather to see if it's going to co-operate is another story :/

6. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

We are taking "momma" up to her moms. They live off the grid in the pinetop AZ area and we will pop up on the property there. This will be a big deal cause my wife's mom has not seen the great grand baby girl yet so there will be four generations of women in the picture this time. Pretty neat.

7. backwoodsmama

backwoodsmama New Member

You know that we are, too!! I've been like a little kid all week! Can't wait to go! out weather looks pretty awesome, with high 60s, low 70s. Possibly a thunderstorm on set-up day, but clear the rest of the wkd. This is the best Mother's Day gift. Lol. Cannot wait to wake up in the morning start a campfire and sip my coffee in the great outdoors. Ooooooh my gosh. I'm such a nerd. [:D]

8. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

We most likely are going to our local state park. We can be home on Sunday for an early dinner with DW's family. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

9. Rynderz

Rynderz Lifelong Camper

[LOL] [LOL]To me this ^^ is the BEST part of camping [;)] Have a great trip [CP]

10. brianbigdogsmith

brianbigdogsmith Camp more Camp more often

Have fun

11. TahoeRunner

TahoeRunner New Member

yep we are going camping for Mothers Day! I'm going to try and do most of the work so my wife can just relax and enjoy the magicalness of watching our boys play in the dirt and enjoy nature!! Its our first of the season too so we are pretty stoked!

12. Hawks

Hawks Member

Our first trip is this week-end too. Only 1 night to a local provincial park (Bronte), but so looking forward to it. No dishes for me, we'll cook over the fire Saturday night and bring easy breakfast (muffins ect) for Sunday morning.

13. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

We are going to a small christian camp on our local spring fed river. It is a neat little place to go on the weekend. They have tent sites in a clearing right on the river bank (no hookup), 3 RV hookup sites, and then cinder block cabins. They rent the sites/cabins out to the public when there are no camp programs going on for their Church. Many people enjoy picnicking there on the weekends and launching their canoes/kayaks to head up river. The plus side is it is only about 30min from the house :) so we will be able to come home and tend to our 4-legged child who cannot accompany us and then return to our site. I will probably take the pup up during the day and set it up while the kids and hubby are still at work/school. Spend the afternoon by the river, then come home and pick them up (we only have 1 vehicle, Hubby isn't allowed to bring his work truck up [:(] )

14. juhesihcaaa

juhesihcaaa New Member

We're not but that's because I graduate this weekend and the grandparents are watching the kids overnight so that we can bar hop and get a hotel room. [:D]

15. huizarr

huizarr Member

To all the Mom's out there. Happy Mothers Day

We are taking momma to one of the state parks nearby.

16. Dad2futurecampers

Dad2futurecampers New Member

Heading out to a Jellystone with Mama and the kids this weekend. They have a special program just for Mama's.

17. opie232

opie232 Member

We're heading over to western il to galena as long as did gets over her nasty cold. Do is really looking forward to it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

18. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Well, since I'm here in AZ and DW is in WA, the Mother's Day duties fell to my son. He is taking DW, his wife and her mother out for lunch.

19. jayco1997

jayco1997 New Member

JeepMaMa that park is only an hour from my house, I should book the weekend too and we can be neighbors. LOL

20. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Come on down Jayco1997!