Who is tired of winter!?!?!?

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by fourhallatts, Mar 7, 2019.

1. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

I don't know about the rest of you but I am over winter! We just get the snow out of the driveway and we get some more lake affect snow. Enough already! Will spring ever get there?

Jess n JJ Julian and Signguy707 like this.
  2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Just last week we had 50 degrees although cloudy and rainy. It was glorious. However, good ol VA it went down to 20 the following week. It's as if, it gives you a taste and takes it away. I'm really itching to get out now and want winter officially over. I want to be warm again I'm sick of being cold. I just payed for next quarters storage bill for my camper and want to be able to get out in it again. I'm serious considering to just get out despite the weather. I just wish I had a way to dry the camper out if the canvas gets wet.

3. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

DE54030B-3CA6-4926-879C-E48790208EE1.jpeg Yup. Over it.

4. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

I have been tired of winter since I parked the campers. This was after the Vermont rally the end of September

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Better question: Who isn't? lol So ready to get my trailer out of storage!!

kcsa75 likes this.
  6. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Active Member

Someone needs to go get that damn groundhog and slap 'em around a little! Steve, I think youre the closest!

neighbormike likes this.
  7. giadiep

giadiep Active Member

It won’t stop snowing!

8. TinyCamperPro

TinyCamperPro Member

Usually it gets warm this time of year but the last few years it seems like winter drags into April now. We just got a foot of snow early this week. Definitely starting to get cabin fever here. Luckily I've had my hands full with some camper projects but the finishing touches really need to be done in the warmer weather. Hopefully soon!

9. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

We do not get the snow and ice. In fact overall it has been a warm winter, however we could use a break from all the water that has been falling from the sky and the hurricane killed most of our state parks for camping for who knows how long. Living in a swamp we expect it to be wet but usually time for the water to recede, this winter has been just the opposite. oh well this too shall pass.

10. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

SO over it! Not much snow around Chicagoland in the last month. But lots of cold temps, staying below freezing pretty much all the time and many days below zero. And no sunshine, just gray skies. Still have a snow pile in my front yard that the snow plow pushed there about a month ago (because I live at a "T" in the road).

Natureangel likes this.
  11. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Even here in central NM, I'm tired of winter. Allergy season began before the weather even got nice - if I'm going to sneezing and itching, at least it should be warm! It was 72 when I was out yesterday, with wind gusts in the 40-50 mph range. Supposedly going to happen again today. Ah, spring in the SW, I'm sure we'll have snow again.
    A friend and I went to Tucson two weeks ago, and it snowed. Our friends there said is seldom snows during the day. It did melt by the next day, but the mountains were all white as we drove home.

Attached Files:

fourhallatts and neighbormike like this.
  12. BedHead

BedHead Member

Winter is never going to end. We had an early snow (October) and today we got dumped on again, another 10 cm. I always miss camping since we don't winter camp, so our season ends late September and doesn't start up again till usually the May long weekend. but this year winter seems especially ridiculously LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

gladecreekwy likes this.
  13. hq308

hq308 Active Member

We have the opposite problem, we've had a very hot summer with most days having temps well into the 40's C (over 110F), We finally get a couple of cooler days (high 20's C / low 80's F) and it's going to rain :( (To be fair we do need the rain) Next week which is the 2nd week of Fall for us it's going to be back in the high 30's C (~ 100 F)

14. supersaiyan93

supersaiyan93 Member

We didn't even get a winter this year. It only dipped into the 40's like twice. It was almost 80 degrees today. BUT, it rains every day. EVERY DAY. I can't remember such a wet nasty winter.

15. gladecreekwy

A6FB0B29-C166-4FF7-A5CF-E28EBEF3524E.jpeg It’s never ending this year.

neighbormike likes this.
  16. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Well, for me I just dislike the transition. If it's going to be winter, BE WINTER. Give us some snow every few days, stay cold, keep it around and groom the trails and I will ski on. What makes me all jittery is when it stops doing that, and then we have the long, long thaw. Not cold enough for winter, not thawed enough to be spring (spring is really just a wet time here... there's really only winter and summer). If the trails begin to go bare and can't be groomed, THEN I am full on ready for summer and that transition NEVER happens fast enough for me.

kitphantom likes this.
  17. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

For the past few days we had hopes that spring had sprung (rain, warmer temps) and then we get a weather warning yesterday of impeding snow!!! This is what we woke up to this morning! Will it never end?

Attached Files:

18. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

@fourhallatts I remember not enjoying the see-saw springs in WNY, where I lived until I moved to the SW. The year I graduated from Potsdam, we had hot enough weather to sit out and sunburn, before Easter, so I took most of my bulky winter clothing home - wrong decision - snow two days before graduation.
    Hasn't been a lot better in ABQ - we had 70s earlier in March, snow the week before this, rain and wind, apparently it hailed yesterday. On the other hand, it has been a "just right" wetness year in parts of AZ/AC - the poppies along I-10 from western NM to Tucson were gorgeous yesterday as I drove along. Desert conditions - 47* out this morning, high by mid-week is supposed to be upper 80s.

19. gladecreekwy

Snowing here again as well. It’s melting faster than it’s coming down though. 4.5 feet deep in my front yard. At least 6-10 deep where we normally camp. Long wait to get out

20. gladecreekwy

Horse barn GTNP last week 3A973F72-FAC2-46E1-A814-81B7D1477B9C.jpeg