Who is tired of winter!?!?!?

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by fourhallatts, Mar 7, 2019.

1. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

Both weeks of it :D

gladecreekwy likes this.
  2. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

ME: Yay, starting to feel like spring! Can't wait to go camping next weekend!

MOTHER NATURE:
    upload_2019-4-14_15-30-36.png

neighbormike and kitphantom like this.
  3. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

@CamperChrissy I feel your pain! I have been waiting patiently for the ground to dry up so we can put the camper on the patio to get ready for the season.

4. Flipped in NH

Flipped in NH Member

I got tired of waiting. Moved the cars out of the garage so we could move the PUP in to finish some minor repairs before we head out to Georgia on Friday.

kitphantom likes this.
  5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We're having temperature and weather swings - not totally unusual for us, but it sure seems like they're worse this year. 70 a week ago, one day last week the high was in the 40s. Friday, I looked out the window mid-afternoon to see it snowing about sideways, during a rain storm. Snow didn't last long in town, though we woke up yesterday to see a coating of new snow on the Sandia Mtns., just outside of town. Frost on the windshield this morning, by 10:30, the visible snow on the mountain was gone. (I'm sure there is still snow under the oak bushes and pine trees, esp on north facing slopes.) 74 this afternoon, with winds kicking up - spring in NM.
    We have reservations to go to Navajo Lake SP for a long weekend; it's up near the 4Corners, on the border with Colorado. Closest weather prediction I could find is for 60s/low 70s during the day, 30s/low 40s at night - better than when I looked yesterday, and the low the first night was supposed to be in the 20s.