Who uses trailer showers over the campground facilities?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Canoe2fish, Jul 25, 2015.

1. raindog308

raindog308 New Member

Well, this morning at 5:30am I had to plunge the single toilet at the campground (only one for the entire male population)...so I have seen some terrible facilities [:D]

2. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

I prefer the shower in our TT. I will use the campground facilities if we are not hooked up to water - we conserve our water for dish washing. But if we are hooked up to water or we are only camping 1-2 nights without water, I will use our shower.

What I don't like about the camp ground showers is the small space to dress, trying not to get my clothes wet in the puddles by my feet.

What I like about using the TT shower, is that I kick everyone out of the TT and have space and privacy. We usually have an electric hookup, so the TT is cooled by AC(not humid).

My husband usually uses the camp ground showers but has used our TT shower on a rare occasion.

The boys use the campground showers for the most part, and are supervised by my husband.

3. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I just got out of the shower in my TT. [:D]

4. JT2

JT2 Member

-- You would be wrong, at least for us. We use the inside shower in our PUp all the time. EZ to set up (with the water heater turned on earlier) and all your "stuff" is right at hand.
    In fact, this weekend (due to some political problems at the race track) all the staff that camped were crammed into a much smaller area than normal. We were placed quite literally within 50 feet of a shower trailer that always had a line outside. We were done with our evening showers and having cocktails before those in line got to the trailer steps.
    The indoor shower was one of the main reasons that we spent the extra $$ for the bigger unit when we got it.

/JT

5. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

I agree. It is nice to have your own facilities when the place is nasty.

Vin.

6. EvilM0nkey

EvilM0nkey Camping fo free!

As much as I usually stay in the less water in the trailer is better crowd. I would have loved to have a toilet to use in out last trip. The men's bathroom smelled awful. Nobody there has ever heard of bleach apparently. You just flush the toilets and run because the smell that comes out of them stuck with your clothes for a while.

7. Canoe2fish

Canoe2fish Member

Ok...that is pretty darn bad!

8. JMSubRN

JMSubRN Member

When looking for our PUP, we specifically did not want one with a bathroom but we're looking for an outdoor shower. That is exactly what we found. We've only been camping in it once and didn't use the shower. I showered in the bath house.

Happy camping!

9. davido

davido Well-Known Member

When our campground provides private showers, we use them. When it doesn't, we use our built-in shower as needed.

I'll use it to wash my feet regardless of what facilities the CG offers, though. And it comes in handy when it's time to clean the Thetford toilet too.

For years I camped without a shower. Now that I've got one available, I'm really happy I have it. More often than not our CG doesn't provide one, and in those common cases, it's great to be able to get cleaned up.

10. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

I have no problem using the campground showers if they are clean. Otherwise I also have no problem using our camper shower. That's what it is there for.

11. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

We have never used the shower in the PUP and have very rarely used the toilet. As a matter of fact, I am considering removal of both soon.

12. bmcilravey

bmcilravey Lovin' the pup!

Only to wash our feet.....or rinse a fish.

13. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

99.9% of the time we use the CG facilities for full showers. Our outside shower has been used a couple of times to wash off feet, but even that is replaced with the "Y" hose fitting where the extra opening can be used for foot washing very easily without unlocking the outside shower head.

14. Popup1206

Popup1206 If there is a will there is a way

Not sure what you mean takes me a whole 5 secs to close my shower up.

15. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

It's why I spent the money I did on my HTT, I'm using the shower and pooping in the toilet!!

16. JeffC

JeffC New Member

I take it you don't use the "off-road" part of your pup?

17. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

We use our pup inside shower to rinse off the bug spray and smoke at the end of the day. We use the outside shower to was the dog, pots and pans, and to cool off ourselves when it's a real hot day.

We use the CG shower when we need to deep clean ourselves.

We really like having the shower in the pup.

18. moose_mom

moose_mom Member

Most of the time we will use the campground showers. If we are staying at a campground with full hook-up and one has to pay for the showers we use the PUP's shower. We also use the PUP shower if we are staying at a Provincial park which has no hookup or campground shower facility-it does the trick

19. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

X2

20. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I do either. It is nice to have the privacy and convenience of your own shower, but mine is mighty small. If the bathhouse at the campground is gross I will use my shower.