Who's going camping this weekend?

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by firepit, May 20, 2020.

1. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting pics Mike. Remind us where you went? We just got home from our three day and will post photos after they are processed.

2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

I was at Hartman Creek SP (my go-to get away).

3. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Here is a few pics from the long weekend we returned from late yesterday staying at 2 NF campgrounds. This was doing trail work in the UP of MI. I'll start its own thread and post more since we stayed at 2 of them. Yes that is BBQ ribs you see in the lower photo. [CK] P1050700.jpg P1050676.jpg P1050689.jpg P1050686.jpg

GandD, Camper054 and neighbormike like this.
  4. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Last weekend was Christmas in July rally at Black Moshannon , this weekend. I’m staying local just north of Pittsburgh , and trying to book the last weekend on July at Barkcamp SP if I can get the Ohio website to work!

Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  5. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Well-Known Member

[​IMG] We have 3 nights booked starting this Sunday, hope the weather will be good

neighbormike and kitphantom like this.
  6. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

we are camping right now, just south of Mono Lake, CA, Inyo NF. Just finished a 10.7 mile hike in Yosemite to Mono Pass, had to hike total 3 miles on the road since we did not have entry reservations for the park. Last night we viewed comet Neowise 1 hr after sunset- don’t waste your time on it.

7. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

How full are the campgrounds out there, Anthony? We're heading out...somewhere...in a few days and have a very fuzzy plan. Maybe June Lake loop? We don't know if everyone is camping because there's nothing else to do. Normally we'd go over Tioga to get there but now that's complicated. o_O

8. Storm

Storm New Member

I'll be camping out with the restored pup for first time, (1991 flagstaff) rushing to finish last minute fixes. Delayed from lots of rain days , locally in Rhode Island state campground .. not to far from our home and near beaches .gonna be 90's (heat wave this weekend and all week ) although we can't go out far away somewhere right now during this time. im grateful to be able to go somewhere other than the yard .

9. Bradley E Dixon

Bradley E Dixon Member

Already there.... ..

Happy camp'n everyone!

Attached Files:

Storm and neighbormike like this.
  10. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Hello Yellowstone! Here I come!

11. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

we are!!! Going to a COE campground within an hour of our house. Much rain predicted but very looking forward to it. I told the husband we hit the campground trifecta. We have three COE places booked, all waterfront sites, and two are very hard to get into. The third is not as impossible to get a spot because some don't like it because it has very poor wifi.

Arlyn Aronson likes this.
  12. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

487892F1-BC26-4D25-9D21-413ED7DFDE12.jpeg 88E21F63-1AB5-4856-9093-34D057914E5E.jpeg F65A484A-E392-429D-935C-32B8404170C0.jpeg A1340918-8B5A-42A3-A3A4-17D644DE8DDA.jpeg 664820A7-F49C-4598-AFBE-D7F85C304C6D.jpeg Camping at Barkcamp state park

bobinfleet, kitphantom and firepit like this.
  13. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Well, we were supposed to be driveway camping this week. Got busy on Saturday celebrating xmas in July to break up the monotony of being homebound (regifted old unbuilt Lego sets that we had piled up) so I didn’t have the time to get it set up. Was busy with work the week prior, so my plans then got shot down too. Had to fix a water tank leak first, then noticed yellow jackets buzzing around. Turns out I had a small colony set up shop in the A/C shroud. Trip to Home Depot for more wasp killer, and dealt with that. Got too late on Sunday once I was done with other stuff so we didn’t put it up. Monday was the only day I was working, and it was busy all day. Go out in the evening and realized the wasp spray had an adverse affect on the caulk for the awning rail. Had to pull out the powerwasher, and washed down the roof and sides.

Tuesday morning, and it rains all day. Now lost three nights of our planned camp, threw in the towel and my son and I made it a boys week inside. Caught up on some gaming with our Borderlands 2 playthrough, ate potato chips and camp food, grilled out a little and made the best of it.