Who's making the highest quality pop ups now-days?

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
Had a GO since 2019, built well then, and they still build 'em the same; main problem on the older ones, the star gazer windows weren't sewn in, & the adhesive on some has disintegrated, but if w/in a 5 year window, SylvanSport will send you a whole new tent. Sold our 3 year old Palomino in 2003, dude still has it, it's in great shape, kept it maintained. If/when I get another, I'll do a hard shell (Casita) etc, & it'll be used...keeping my older tents for sure...

Rusty2192

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kentucky
Rockwood/Flagstaff. And I think Viking/Clipper I believe are the only two still making popups. There is also Living Light Quick Silvers. Sylvan Sport Go for the more tent on wheels.
Livin Lite is gone now too. Within 3 years of Thor taking it over they ran it into the ground in 2018.

Opus is trying to make in-roads in the US but they are so expensive and overbuilt I’m not sure how well they’ll do.

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
Northstar still makes high quality (if homely) popups. Unfortunately for most, they're not trailers.

Wakita46

Mar 15, 2013
If I was to buy again, I would look at Hiker Trailer. Not really a pop up - more like a tear drop, but light to tow. They are built for off road and will hold up better than most, I think.
I got almost 40,000 miles out of my Aliner before I sold it. hoffsalinertravels.net