Why are old post's photos blurred out?

Discussion in 'Hey PUP Staff, Let me tell you what I think!' started by davekro, Nov 25, 2019.

1. davekro

davekro Active Member

I have (frustratingly) noticed that when threads are enough years back, the photos are blurred out. Like here: https://www.popupportal.com/threads/starcraft-roof-repair-complete-long-with-lots-of-pics.34484/
    I'm sure you all have seen it. Curious of the reason and if there is a way to see the original clear versions?

Attached Files:

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Not bured out for me? Maybe a setting on your computer to save resolution and upload the pages faster. They did have a problum with photo bucket years ago, they basicly cut off your account unless you paid them. Those pictures are lost. The link you posted i can see fine.

3. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

I can't see them either from my work computer. I recall that there is a "photobucket fix" browser addon that resolved some issues....

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Either the Photobucket account has restrictions on it or the photos have been moved of deleted on Photobucket.

Raycfe likes this.
  5. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

The pics in the thread you linked show up fine to me.
    Some pictures dont show up because they were hosted by photobucket. A few years ago photobucket quit hosting the pictures and things like forum threads were hurt

6. myride

myride Well-Known Member

Show up fine on both phone and PC...

7. davekro

davekro Active Member

Now I see that the pictures show up on my Samsung S*, but not on my iPad (Safari), nor my Mac (Firefox). I added "addon" https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/ but still no go. Maybe there is something to do after adding the addon?? I tried seeing the thread on Chrome browser. Still blurry. Weird. But at least I can see it on my phone. That is better than nothing. Thank you for that.

8. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Looks fine.

9. hq308

hq308 Active Member

It's Photobucket. It's their latest attempt to get people to pay, instead of blocking the pictures they now give users a ridiculously low data limit on "free" accounts and then blur the pictures when it goes over the limit. If you want to see the picture you can click on it and view it properly directly on the Photobucket website.