Why the Covid Restrictions is a crock

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by firepit, May 5, 2020.

1. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

I've noticed a considerable amount of misleading wordage in the reporting on this "pandemic". That 1500 was probably "confirmed" cases. In reality there were probably 10X that. The news outlets continually give us the total positive test and death count and once in a while a blip of the recovery percentage. I did the math recently taking the positive results minus the deaths and recovery percentage. The result was less than 1500 active confirmed cases. You also rarely hear the number of negative results.

I keep reading camping is a want, but eating is essential. Yes eating is essential, but there are a lot of people at the supermarket buying a lot of stuff that isn't. When those stimulus checks hit the TV and video game companies got a bump. There are several things that never closed and others that are reopening that are far from essential.

2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

BBQdave and firepit like this.
  3. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

4. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

I worked in NYC doing something we considered important at the time. No one waived our taxes.
    We were only rebuilding the World Trade Center though.

They went up there to work the front lines to make lots of money too.
    Most of the taxes they pay will be refunded to them by their home states.
    I've crossed state lines the better part of the last 25 years, you normally pay taxes in the state you're working in.
    Often there is city tax as well, you don't get that refunded.

1380ken, Sjm9911 and Toedtoes like this.
  5. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

I have said my peace here folks...It has been a good thread none the less.
    No matter what side of the debate you are on or if you are in the middle.
    I hope everyone stays safe and has a chance to enjoy some form of camping that we all love so much.

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I will say they didn't take taxes from me when i worked there. It was free and went on for months. No good memories , i will say we didnt build.......
    I will agree this thread has worked its way till the end. Everyone had a say. It is what it is. Stay safe everyone. And hope to be camping soon.

James Rucker and firepit like this.
  7. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

What if the US political doctors are wrong?
    What if Sweden is right?

Nobody really knows.
    I will err on the side of camping.

BBQdave and Rik Peery like this.
  8. Sjm9911

9. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

10. WVhillbilly

My employer was on site in October 2001, we supported the basement walls while the recovery went on.
    I installed some of the anchors you see when you go into the memorial. It's called the Memorial Liner wall.

Many traveling medical staff are considered sub contractors, so they get a 1099.
    It's just how things work, pay your taxes.

Unless they want to give back the money they were paid making Tik Tok videos like a bunch of kids.

1380ken and Sjm9911 like this.
  11. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

Your point is relevant and the only point that matters at this time. Unfortunately most can't wrap their mind around it.

There is no methodology or sound reasoning for what State Governors are doing. They do not have enough sound data. Some are in over their head, and this is beyond their capabilities.

It's just a show. And the price is your rights and freedom.

crackerJack and WVhillbilly like this.
  12. Dave Brick

Dave Brick El Cheapo Family Camper

5 Stars! And not a response from bikenfish.

4500 additional deaths (and counting) because Cuomo ordered nursing homes to re-admit Covid + residents.

firepit and WVhillbilly like this.
  13. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

The key word is "ordered", this is despite the home directors telling Cuomo that they can't handle the situation.

14. Dave Brick

51.1% of ADULTS, not residents. Also, they are 65 or older OR have an underlying health condition, OR both. That's different. 12% of NC RESIDENTS sounds about right.

15. WVhillbilly

[​IMG]

James Rucker and BBQdave like this.
  16. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

Your not helping me try and give NC Governor Cooper some consideration for his over reach :)

Sooo that means he is basing this lock down and State of Emergency Infinity on a far smaller number of folks that might possibly be affected by the combination of COVID-19 and other illness.

This whole "crap your pants and hide in your home" proclamation after proclamation is mind boggling, when you actually look at the data. You gotta give credit to the "Fear Factory" News Media, most folks quickly bowed and submitted. And of course an opportunity is an opportunity, credit to the Governors seizing power and ruling.

It is what it is. Anyone with a small bit of common sense can see right through this current event.

Vote in Autumn! :)

Nani2 likes this.
  17. Dave Brick

Oh, I'm with you. No sweat. I do try to be accurate though. I will vote of course. I make an effort toward educating people and showing what I perceive as government overreach and erosion of freedoms. My mind is also open to learning new things and being convinced of things.

Unfortunately its hard to teach people who already know everything.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    BBQdave likes this.
  18. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I had a bunch of comments quoted to reply to, but it all got to be too much. [RTM]

My favorite parts of this thread are from the newbies - one thinking all the "regulars" should already know where he lives. I don't even remember where all the regulars live without checking out their signatures.

And another one not getting the bra-less women and smoky fires post reference. Back when times were good ....

Here in Florida the barber shops, salons, and nail places will be opening Monday. Still no camping officially announced and most state parks closed. For the first time since this started, I'm started to lose patience about the restrictions.

We have reservations for the first week of June at a state park. If they open for self contained units only, that is fine with me, but if they deny my camper just on the basis it's a pup, I've got a fight ahead of me. We are very much self contained, even though it's an older camper. Don't plan on using their facilities even if they are open.

We do own a TT and could take that if we WANTED to. But I don't plan on backing down from being told what kind of unit I can camp in, as long as it is properly equipped. I don't mind them checking it after set up, although it's quite easy to see from the outside if a pup has a cassette toilet and/or shower or not. Even so, I would gladly let them look inside.

19. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

That would be me... Am i a newbie still?
    I have pretty much displayed my love for the Huskers and posted other threads
    talking about Nebraska.
    Yes i did fix my signature.
    How long before you are not considered a Newbie?
    If i am a Newbie to the forum...Do my posts hold less weight?
    GO BIG RED!!!!

20. Sjm9911

The nebraska thing might be worse. [:D]

crackerJack, BBQdave and Toedtoes like this.