Why the Covid Restrictions is a crock

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by firepit, May 5, 2020.

1. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Barber shop side note: With the barber shops closed. The dw ordered a pair of trimer and I have discovered she gives a very good haircut. Not sure if i'm going to be crossing the threshold of the door with the red and white striped pole as often, or maybe not at all in the future? But there is something to be said about the warm towel and hot shaving cream on the neck.

But we will be taking the trimers camping on or long trips.

BBQdave and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

Mine has it's own shower, I'd just have to get a shower enclosure. We've only used it to rinse sand off our feet and such.
    I also have a toilet, but have not used it either.
    But if it makes the difference between getting to go camping or not we'll use them.

3. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

Depending on your style, I recommend buzz cut :)

I've got clippers and a trimmer and do my own hair cut. Keeps me cool (temp) in the Summer, cause I buzz every couple weeks :)

4. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

No worries there. [LOL]

Just curious what kind of campgrounds you frequent? State parks, privately owned, blm, forest? Not a smart ass question, I'm genuinely curious. Wooded or open field type places? Campgrounds that have seasonal sites, or just by reservations?

I can see what you describe as being a thing at some places I've been, but since it's not my usual preference, I stick to places that are, just as all of us should. It's nice to be able to have the choice. Something for everyone.

Can you name the campground you're talking about? I mean, I'm sure the entire state is not the same. Or at least I would hope not. :grin:

I can see this going on at one place I used to enjoy, when we lived in Keyser, WV. It was not my type of place by definition, but it was a small town and everyone I knew went there so it was a fun gathering spot. It was mostly open, with lots of seasonal people. The only thing about it that was "camping" to me is that we stayed in tents and trailers. But, it was fun in it's own rights just because of the people there.

5. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

It comes down to some very specific points.

If you are in a group that is at higher risk, stay away from people, wear a mask, stay home, and quarantine yourself as much as you feel is safe for you.

If you are not in a high risk group, and are not around people in a high risk group, then go out and do what you want. Lick door handles if you want, or stay home and quarantine yourself, do what you feel is best for you!!!

Here is something to ponder, why do they call it social distancing vs. physical distancing??

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

This virus is found to be one of the most contagious to ever be seen. Its also killing people who aren't in the "venerable" population. Its not yet understood as to why this is happening... Viruses survive by making you less than sick, so you wondering about infecting others and this novel one seems to be very good at that. Good news is it doesn't seem to well outdoors and for us campers, that's a big plus.

7. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

The term social distancing irritates the hell out of me. Probably coined by a PC liberal. (Aforementioned political content can be removed by Steve.)

8. tenttrailer

"Social Distancing" coined by that Conservative George W. Bush administration: The phase was born out of a request by President George W. Bush for a playbook to ensure the nation was better prepared for the next contagious disease outbreak.

Toedtoes likes this.
  9. Orchid

Except that Steve has social distanced himself right out of our lives. [:(]

Political statements don't bother me anyway, until it turns into a stream of them.

10. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

We are getting some things re-opening after the Long weekend in May which is the 19th. Camping still not allowed at least til June but it will be under strict guidelines. Our Province moved quickly to lockdown when this all started and they are being extremely cautious to re-open. I have to give kudos to our government’s response to this crisis and I think they have managed it well so far. We do not like the lockdown either but we are coping....looking forward to camping again...stay safe!

Toedtoes likes this.
  11. Orchid

I would be much less annoyed if our governor had acted early enough. IMHO, he waited two months too long. I understand that Florida is a tourist state, and I wouldn't have wanted to be responsible for the decisions. However, this pandemic was in full swing in the southern part of our state very early in the year.

Now things are dragging out longer because it was allowed to get out of control.

As of now, we can get up close and personal with hair and nail salons, but still can't camp, at least in state parks. Some forest land is opening up, but none of the ones near us.

12. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

13. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Actually it was coined by Robert Park in the 1920's

14. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

State park...Reservation and drive up...Every spot has a firepit...Modern bathrooms and showers as well as outhouses.
    Modern an primitive spots...electrical and non electrical.

15. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

Toedtoes you are absolutely right about people thinking camping is safe. Went to the mountains again today to check on how many people are camping. It doesn't look at all like there is a stay at home order the way people are congregated.
    We find an old logging road engage the four wheel drive and get away from everyone. Logging was big business here a hundred years ago until the depression shut it down. We have lunch, walk around a little then come home without getting anywhere near another human. Going to have the forest all to our selves if these people get sick later on.

Toedtoes likes this.
  16. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

You would be incorrect. On Saturdays in the fall, the only thing that matters in Nebraska is if the Cornhuskers win or lose. ;)

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    HappyTraveler and Rik Peery like this.
  17. firepit

You are spot on...I have not been to every state park and campground in Nebraska...
    But the ones i have been to it is all the same....
    Saturday morning you get up and wear your Husker gear put out your Husker items...
    Flags/Banners etc...Start cooking some good munchies and get the TV fired up outside.
    Then you walk around and chat with everybody before the game comes on and during the game
    if you wish....It may sound sound weird to some but in Nebraska it is normal campground practice.
    As i said before...I have never seen a out of state camper complain about it....In fact they usually say it pretty neat
    and are glad for the different experience out camping that they see no where else.:grin:

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  18. tenttrailer

Let go camping

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    HappyTraveler likes this.
  19. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Well-Known Member

When we lived in Omaha, people even put their garbage in Big Red garbage bags.
    We live in Buffalo Bills country now, and they have NOTHING on Big Red. :D

Rik Peery likes this.
  20. firepit

They did lose 4 super bowls in a row:D

HappyTraveler likes this.