Why the Covid Restrictions is a crock

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by firepit, May 5, 2020.

1. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

That is true, but we dont have any info on it. They also said 98 percent of those people had health problems. So it could be that. Or it could be the workers are out there more often and are taking more precautions. Stats mean little with no context. While alarming, the reason might not be because they stayed at home, but because of there underlying health conditions.

Toedtoes likes this.
  2. Sjm9911

@ david brick forgot to add i think many of this had it allready. I would be curious to when the antiboady tests open up for us. My neice had it, only symptom was a 99 degree fever, spoted when she was at work. I also have other family members sick, one on a ventilator, no good outlook for him, and his 96 year old father who has only loss of taste. Its weird how it hits others hard and some not at all.

Orchid likes this.
  3. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear the data is questionable. What we are seeing is public perception. This portal is but a microcosm of what the entire population perceives.
    The worlds greatest economy has been shut down.
    Is it justified? I don't know and neither does anyone else.

Toedtoes and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. bigdad

bigdad Well-Known Member

the longer people are out of work there also will be a spike in Domestic violence not I think there should another stimulus check to help families out.

5. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

6. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Then we should stop testing to make our numbers lower. That will solve all of the statistical problems.

7. Sjm9911

Yea, they atually swapped positions. At the start the WHO recomended masks, and the CDC didn't. Mostly because of the shortages. Then the CDC recomended them and the WHO said they didnt. Its a political thing and much to do about supply. And probably china buying up the supply and not letting it back out. TBH , i can only speculate. The original stance was also because people aren't trained in wering masks. Its nkt to say it will not help. Most will touch the mask, transfering to the hands and then the boady. Or smoke while wearing it, or leave it dangle around there neck or any other number of things. All masks will block out something. The n 95 have that designation for blocking 95 percent of a certain partical. Other masks will work to a lesser degree. Its well known that corona virus , swine flu is one of them, is blocked effectively by n95 masks. Health care workers, and there administration should know this.

8. BillyMc

i get were all sick of being inside.-yes
    people want to interact with others-no actually sick of people (and their stupid crap) right now.
    to have freedom.-yes they closed camping areas that have no facilities. There is no way anyone can justify that! The only people that camp there are setup to camp without facilities and hookups, but you can backpack into the forest and pitch your tent.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  9. Sjm9911

Im not saying i disagree , i just get what there trying to do. I have to find the posts , might be on another forum where they opened up camping and closed it 2 days later. People left human waste at the sites, even though it was supost to be self contained. So, again, its not about us doing the right thing, and i have no dought all here would, its the others.

10. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

It would. And that very thing is being done in some places. Doesn't portray what the real truth is though. I don't think we will get the real truth anywhere. Too much politics involved.
    There is one thing for sure though. The American people (USA) will decide what is to be done just like we have always done in the past. Patience is running thin, for good or for bad.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  11. Sjm9911

They might , there trying to guage how widespread it is through our toilet. That is testing human excrament at waste stationes for the virus to get a percentage of infected in a area. No idea if that will work or not.

12. BikeNFish

I agree with you. Cuomo tells the truth. Cuomo also has more than double the approval rating than our national leader. There is something to learn there about truth. Follow the truth that your heroes lack.

13. Dave Brick

Dave Brick El Cheapo Family Camper

"I need 40,000 ventilators"

1380ken and xxxapache like this.
  14. BikeNFish

That idea is full of crap.

15. BikeNFish

Finish the sentence: If we do nothing, I need 40,000 ventilators.

adkdave, StaceyB and kcsa75 like this.
  16. Sjm9911

17. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

A few threads back i posted the monkey see monkey do way of handling this.
    Appears i may have been right....Nebraska announced it is opening certain state parks
    on the 17TH with campsites only available that place campers 25 feet apart
    and no more than 8 people on any one campsite...No bathrooms/showers and no swimming.
    All camping will be reservation only and pop ups are allowed as long as you have a
    toilet and porta potties are ok...(Will they check...Who knows)...My favorite park is open with these guidelines
    Per my phone conversation with them...While i am not happy handling a porta potty i will have to get past it.
    I figure i can drive 14 miles home to shower.
    The monkey see monkey do appears to have happened because on the website... They said based on what other
    states are doing they are following the path others have taken.
    So do we know what is the right way or the wrong way or are we playing follow the leader?

Either way i can compromise as long as we are going to get to camp and people follow rules.
    They said they will patrolling and enforcing rules and it is up to us to report violations as well.

Is it a perfect solution?...No nothing is...But i will take it and have a few 3 day weekends booked
    through August and will go from there after that.

It looks like it is going to be up to us to follow the rules and help any way we can to keep
    the knuckleheads from ruing it for everybody....We shall see.

18. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

This is why places get shut down. There are too many people who ignore the rules - and with this virus active, that can infect a lot of folks who then go home to their elderly family members, go shopping, etc., then infecting more people.

Yes, it's annoying not to be able to camping. But I'd rather not rush and open the campgrounds just to have a bunch of people with cabin fever doing stupid @ss things putting me at risk while in the wilderness.

jmkay1, kcsa75 and Sjm9911 like this.
  19. BillyMc

I posted about a local KOA not allowing PUPs. It really doesn't affect me as KOA isn't my scene. I only discovered it helping a family member kind a place to camp (not that I'd consider KOA camping) a bold notice self contained TTs only (no pop ups). I sent a polite email to inform them that many PUPs these days are self contained. The manager replied that she knew, but someone had lied about being self contained and workers ended up cleaning up human waste. People are getting grumpy and I'm one of them. Since before Christmas someone or something has been squashing everything I want to do and I'm sick of it. I simply want to take my camper to the woods, fish, cook over the coals from my camp fire, drink a few cold beers, and relax without someone bugging me. My job is deemed essential so I've been working though this. DW has allowed the hype to totally freak her out. She will not go shopping or anything that risk coming in contact with someone. Personally I'd rather die enjoying life than spend it cowering in my house. My parent spent a large portion of their golden years caring for my grandmother. After she passed away I told them to go do some things they dreamed of. They never did, because "we may need that money for something". Dad died two years ago and I told mom go do something! She didn't and she passed away unexpectedly the first of this year. I am going to enjoy my time here the best I can. The strange thing is when we were kids we went camping a lot and a few attractions but those were far between as money was tight. I remember a pandemic when I was a child called the Hong Kong Flu. The adults talked about it, but we still went places. Mom would say wash your hands wash your hands wash your hands, I felt like I was going to wash the skin off them. If we went in a store we had to keep our hands in our pockets (so we wouldn't touch anything). My grandparents had a cabin at the lake and we camped at the campground just down the road a lot. A few years after the outbreak I had my first experience with death. My grandfather's boat capsized trying to help my uncle get to an island after his boat stalled during a popup afternoon thunderstorm. My grandfather didn't eat fish, but his passion was catching them. My last memory of him was happy, because he was happy to be going fishing. My grandmother (his wife) spent the last five years of her life unable to get out of bed. She was blind, peed through a tube and people feeding her and wiping her butt and changing her diaper. She remarried and lived a lot of good years, but the last five she existed. I don't intend to exist. To me life is to live not cower in my house. I'm not being cold or rude, I simply want my life. The last fifteen years have been looking out for this one or helping that one and still raising two boys because their parent are too sorry to do it.

Orchid, Rik Peery and Sjm9911 like this.
  20. Sjm9911

And this is why we are here. We argue over the mundane, but all want to get out. We all have people that are afraid, but some one who is not. We are atually all right and wrong. Call it eaither way. The fact is we have to wait untill we can, and that call is up to none of us. Untill then, i still would like to see everyone here camping. Share a beer , or food , or just a nod walking by if thats your pleasure.

kcsa75 likes this.