Wildlife in the yard...pics please.

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by inthedirt, Apr 4, 2017.

1. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

Lots of great camping pics with scenery and the like, but what about a thread full of pics where you call home?

I recently moved from Boise to a small town in SW Montana with only 650 people. This is pretty much paradise for anyone who loves being outdoors. I have 7 mountain ranges around me with excellent fly fishing, hunting, birding.....you name it. We bought a home on a wooded 5 acres and get "visitors" almost nightly. In the 3mos that I've owned the property, I've had bald eagles nesting in my trees, coyotes running across the driveway, deer and pheasants along the fences, and lastly, a moose! She was eating the spring buds on my trees then jumped the fence and would eat my grass. She bedded down for the night just off my back patio near my shed and garden. Made for a interesting night with my dogs. When I let them out to potty just before bed, I made sure to go out with my .45ACP just in case. All was well and she was gone before morning.

moose 2.jpg moose 1.jpg

87ColemanLaramie likes this.
  2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Wow. I go camping just so I can see wildlife. My dream is to see elk/moose in real life. Pictures just don't do it justice. City Life doesn't offer much scenic. The skunk in my neighborhood was the only wildlife freakout we ever had.

3. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

No moose or elk here, but have had about everything else here including Bear that ate our grill on the patio....
    Have twice put venison in the freezer standing in my front door....gotta love a Bow

4. tls2971

tls2971 Active Member

I haven't had any wildlife in my yard since I live in a city too. I did watch this video this morning though and thought it was pretty cool. The bears looked like they were having a blast and the mom talking in the video was enjoying it. Not so much the dad and kids though. LOL!

5. 87ColemanLaramie

87ColemanLaramie Member

Most people wouldn't think of NJ as full of wildlife (beside the idiots at the beach). I'm in central NJ and lived here long before most of the homes were built. As a kid there was a lot of wildlife, but they got kind of choked out since then. This is my side yard. It used to be a large tract of vacant woods, but I still get turkey, deer (of course), fox and an occasional skunk roaming around the pool. Since I have a few acres of woods, it is one of the few places left as they hop between wooded areas. These turkeys lay low around thanksgiving though but we usually see them at least once a year. They are brighter than they are credited.

Attached Files: