Will I forever be “new?”

sandreas

Jun 2, 2012
Just out of curiosity, how long does one stay listed as a “new member?” I’ve been on the boards since 2012. My oldest is now in college. She was 10 when I joined! [LOL]
It’s too bad that 8 years for a camper doesn’t constitute as “new” too!

Steveo4090

Super Active Member
Jun 26, 2020
Lancaster PA
I joined @2 months ago...went from new to "well known" pretty quickly. But I may have a blabber mouth though.
o_O

Just keep sharing and you'll get rid of the "new" title in no time!

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Near Elmira, Southern Ontario
Just out of curiosity, how long does one stay listed as a “new member?” I’ve been on the boards since 2012. My oldest is now in college. She was 10 when I joined! [LOL]
Welcome to the Portal from Southern Ontario. Hang around for a while, its a great place for NEW members to get info and ideas.

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Near Elmira, Southern Ontario
There used to be semi-cool camping names given to posters according to their post count. Now its just boring - new member, active member, well known member - I don't know if there's anything more than just those. Not sure why Steve never changed them back to the old names from before the swap over of the Portal Program a number of years ago. Oh well, I was a 5 Star Eagle Camper back then, and I still am now (if you look at the right side of my banner). I don't even remember what all those old names were anymore. Maybe I'll send Steve a message and see if that's something he could easily do.

Toedtoes

Super Active Member
May 28, 2018
California

Think of it this way: you have been on this forum for 8 years. You now have 28 total posts. That's 3.5 posts per year.

That gives you "longterm lurker, rare poster" status.

Steve4090 has 432 posts. At that rate, he will have about 2,592 posts per year. That gives him "shortterm blabber" status. ;)

So much room inbetween those. And if you incorporate number of likes received per post, there are even more statuses.