Will the sun ever shine again

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
plenty of sunshine in Calif - but its a littel complicated in the S.F. Bay Area.

I got up at 2:45 a.m. to watch the meteors frm our hot tub - and was greeted by a full overcast sky. So I went back to bed, and took my soad after breakfast.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Rain is frustrating for camping, I'm not a fan of gloomy days (I lived in WNY until I moved west in mt 30s, lots of gloom) but right now, I'd take days of gentle rain. Here in the SW, we're in a drought, and we have a lot of land on fire in in NM. AZ has been having fires too.

jnbarrett

Mar 30, 2022
Winnipeg, MB
We went from drought to 2 weeks of rain and more forcasted....Rain gets old and makes you gloomey after awhile.

Tell me about it ... getting the first real warm weather and sunshine here in Manitoba in months.

This photo of one of my dogs and I was taken just last weekend at a NSTRA trial about 45mins West of Fargo, ND ... all that water you see is NOT normally there. 50% of the trial fields were covered in new "lakes / ponds". It's been a miserable spring with snow storms, rain, flooding, and lack of sunshine up here.

FB_IMG_1651034890053.jpg

DiamondGirl

Adventures with KODI in AZ
Jul 2, 2016
AZ
@kitphantom… I totally agree with more rain is needed in SW. Our fire restrictions started today. But I’m sure they will heighten to forest closures before the monsoons come in.

I am hoping my camping trip in June doesn’t get canceled.

Happy Camping…[put&hy]