Winter CG with elec. hookup?

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by DSchulten88, Nov 23, 2016.

1. DSchulten88

DSchulten88 Member

Looking for a guy's weekend out with the popup in January. Wanting to run the furnace. It'll probably be a 4 day 3 night trip.

2. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Comon over to south California for mild winter weather...

3. DSchulten88

DSchulten88 Member

LoL no thanks. I dig winter camping. This is the first year my buddy and I aren't camping in tents.

Instead of pulling 50 pounds of gear on pullsleds in snowshoes for 10 miles we get to focus on what's important for a guy's outing;

drinking

and fire.

It will be interesting to see what we do with all the extra time we have though. Usually we go out for a week into the backcountry and build igloos and shelters and melt/boil snow for water... Collectingand processing firewood and water are extremely time consuming.

We're going to be spoiled this time. Probably bring some board games and focus on preparing meals and listen to music..

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Active Member

Golden Gate Canyon and Mueller State Park are 2 that come to mind. Both have electricity available. You may be able to ice fish in Golden Gate depending on ice conditions...

5. Fless

Fless Active Member

Depending on the views you want, there's always Chatfield State Park.

6. DSchulten88

DSchulten88 Member

Both look like great options. I know my buddy will get into ice fishing. Getting me on a frozen lake may be difficult. Thanks! Neither of them are to far away. Are they self-service over winter?

Oh Chatfield. Having lived a stone's throw away from the park since '91 and working there for several years this is my very very last resort.. Thank you though :)