Winter cover for our Hybrid

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by Jim K in PA, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Jim K in PA

Jim K in PA New Member

I searched this section and the most recent thread was 6 years ago, so I suppose this is as good a time as any to start a new thread on Hybrid covers.

Our NTU 2021 Palomino Solaire 163x is spending the winter in our open sided pole barn. It will have reasonable snow protection, but it is not "indoors".

My main goal for the cover is dust and pollen shielding in the spring. Our PUPs were stored in the same pole barn uncovered, and after 2-3 years, the roof was green with mold/algae from pollen dust build up. It was a minor pain to thoroughly wash the roof every few years, but the Hybrid is over 9' tall, so that will not be so easy to clean the roof!

I am considering a custom cover from RVcovers.com. Adco sunbrella. Probably overkill for an under-roof trailer, but I want it to last.

Any other experience fellow hybrid owners wish to share?

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Assuming your hybrid has a rubber roof, it should be washed with rubber roof cleaner and conditioner at least once a year.. you should also check the roof sealant at the same time..

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

At least the cover should last in the pole barn better than if it out in the wind and elements. My camper is stored in an outside storage lot neighbors TT had an Ultashield cover that didn't last two seasons. We had a bad wind storm and it decimated the cover. In fact everyone's cover here is now shot. Good luck

4. Jim K in PA

Jim K in PA New Member

Our roof is TPO, not EPDM. Lots of penetrations, which will make cleaning a challenge, and why I want to protect it. Being out of the sun from December to May will help. Of course, if we go camping in Spring, the pollen will pile up! But a quick rinse should get most of it.

I guess will be learning from experience on this. Thanks for the responses.

5. Jim K in PA

Jim K in PA New Member

I also see that this was moved to the winterizing thread. It was directed at Hybrid owners experience, which is why I posted it there.

6. mandinga

mandinga Active Member

I had a cover on my pop up. Never again over winter!

I did use it for several winter, but it seemed the only mouse issues I had was with the cover. With the cover on, mice can walk all over between the cover and exterior walls. Hey loved to build nests on the roof under the cover. The last year I used the cover, mice must if chewed 1000 holes in it, and used the cover material to make their nests.