Winter in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by neighbormike, Dec 30, 2018.

1. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

IMG_0859.JPG

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I can see why he would be worried about the camper, hopefully it is ok.
    Once while stationed in Rhode island, the parking was up on a hill, and for some reason the snow piled up really high in the parking lot (snow drifts maybe) a friend was going to drive me home as soon as we dug his car out, we toiled for about an hour and when uncovered, it was the wrong car this was one in front of his, the owner of the dug out car, came out and was a good sport, he helped us dig my friend's car out

shuang2, neighbormike and jmkay1 like this.
  3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Checked in on my camper today at the storage yard. :sad:

neighbormike likes this.
  4. neighbormike

I received a photo of my camper in hibernation the other day - made me chuckle.

5. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

2EEF9F20-3573-4F33-835B-3C767037852D.jpeg Today’s the kind of day I dream about summer and camping.

kskelloggs likes this.
  6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

In VA we don’t normally see a lot of snow, but every 4 years like clockwork we get a blizzard. We are in year 4 now. [sf][:>(] However still too cold for my blood to do much but hibernate. Dreaming of going camping and seeing new places; Trails to hike, waters to explore. Hoping and praying winter goes quick.

neighbormike likes this.
  7. neighbormike

Impressive!! Been pretty mild here so far... just got about 4" of snow yesterday but that's about it. Waiting for a 2' dump in April like last year [:(!]

8. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

It's 20 degrees out there right now but it looks like this weekend is going to be pretty nice for January in this part of the world.

Snip.PNG

I think we're going wait till the last minute in case the weather man changes his mind, but the plan is to head out after work on Thursday and spend the weekend. We're going to have to dewinterize and rewinterize, but that's a small price to pay IMO. [:)C]

9. neighbormike

Lucky! My tt is staying winterized & in storage until spring when this God awful road salt and brine is off the roads!

J Starsky likes this.
  10. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Here is what ours looks like, we cannot get a break from the darn rain and most of the CG's in the area are still trying to recoup from the hurricane
    Graceville, FL (32440) 5 Day Weather
    2:34 pm CST
    Print
    Day Description High / Low Precip Wind Humidity
    Today
    JAN 1
    Mostly Cloudy
    78°64°
    20%
    SW 9 mph 80%
    Wed
    JAN 2
    AM Clouds/PM Sun
    75°62°
    20%
    S 7 mph 84%
    Thu
    JAN 3 AM Rain
    69°63°
    70%
    SSE 6 mph 89%
    Fri
    JAN 4 AM Rain
    65°44°
    90%
    SW 14 mph 80%

Cloudy and damp with rain in the morning...then becoming partly cloudy. Thunder possible. High around 65F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
    Fri Night
    JAN 4 Mostly Clear
    --44°
    10%
    W 9 mph 80%

Clear to partly cloudy. Low 44F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Sat
    JAN 5
    Partly Cloudy
    61°40°
    10%
    NW 9 mph 65%

11. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

Mine is nestled up to the garage, in a 25ft blanket awaiting the thaw of 2019. I'd hook up the second the wife said so!

neighbormike likes this.
  12. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Nineoaks2004:. I have relitives in the Tampa area. Their Christmas pictures had them all wearing shorts this year. I just couldn't get my head around that fact they see temps so high during the winter. As far as rain, I went to Florida once about 15 years ago and that's all I remember. RAIN. Rain and the sufficating humidity that stuck around afterwards. Though I'm sure different parts of Florida might have a slightly different climate than what I remember.

13. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

Had to share that to my FB page. Thief in the night so to speak [XX(]

14. Mike1603

Mike1603 New Member

During the summer it's going to rain everyday at some point. The question is if it will be 20 minutes or 8 hours.

15. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

In early December we were camping southern Gorda, FL wearing shorts and tee shirts in mid 80's temps. On the way home, we stopped at Stone Mountain SP (VA). After one night and were kicked out of the park, because they were closing due to 12+ inches of snow coming in. Racing to be ahead of the snow we made it home in Ohio to a wonder 31 degrees.

The good news is my thermostat app tells me that january was 1 degree warmer than last year. But something about having 16 below zero days it hard to feel like it was warmer??

neighbormike likes this.
  16. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

As I'm fond of saying, even the weather is wacky on Planet Georgia in winter. The sun comes out and it gets cold. Clouds up and rains, and it's relatively warmer. Then, every once in a while, you get sunny and warm—usually during the week when you have to be in the office working. :mad:

March is when it gets "fun." Warm, moist air coming up from the Gulf hits that cold front coming south, and that's when we get the heavy snow. Usually, it requires a narrow band of temperatures—around 27F to 34F—to snow here. "Too cold to snow" is 25F, and that rule has only been violated once in the last 30 years that I can remember.

But heck, if the weekend is sunny and cold, why not take the pup out and go camping? Leave the water system winterized and take a water jug or three. Sit around the fire and talk about how you'll be complaining about the heat in a few months…

17. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

Its even harder as i work from home and right outside my window is my camper in the backyard under cover.
    Then every day leaving home in my car for anything i walk by 2 motorcycles and bicycles .

Plus i been coughing for 2 months...pissed.

18. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

We had one of those freaky-nice days today. I spent a lot of the morning splitting firewood (with a maul) and the afternoon rearranging some garage space—when DD and her family get their house finished next month, they'll get all their stuff out and I'll be able to put the Starflyer in there.

Holding out some hope for a 3-day camping weekend just after the equinox, too.

19. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

We got out for a great ski today and photos are on the dogs blog. The Trail Mutt Reports
    The city finally got the sno-go on some nearby streets so below are photos of that. [​IMG] We've rolled over 200" for the year. Note in the 2nd from that last photo, that is one lucky mail box. Nonetheless days are getting much longer and we'll have a the campers out soon.

P1030259.jpg P1030281.jpg P1030335.jpg P1030336.jpg P1030340.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    neighbormike likes this.
  20. K_and_I

K_and_I Member

Stolen from another camping forum:

[​IMG]

wimarine, kcsa75 and neighbormike like this.