Winter Pics, post yours here

Discussion in 'Cold Weather Camping' started by GWolfe, Oct 18, 2010.

1. GWolfe

GWolfe New Member

Some pics in the "End Of Season" thread got me thinking. Since winter is approaching we should have a winter pics thread.

Feel free to post your pics here.

Here are a couple from last spring.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok so maybe it was three.

Whatsananna likes this.
  2. real lite virgin

real lite virgin Rob,Suzanne & Jessie - Black Lab

Wow!!!! [:O]
    Nice pictures :) I think I would like to try it at least once who knows I might enjoy it [CP]
    Just have to try and talk hubby into it [LOL] I'm pretty sure our 14 month old black lab Jessie would love it bouncing through all that snow [:D]
    suzanne

3. GWolfe

GWolfe New Member

Thanks for posting Suzanne, it sure was a lot of fun. Everyone should try it once.

4. hakrjak

hakrjak Member

Wow, how did the PUP not freeze?

5. GWolfe

GWolfe New Member

My pup is pretty basic, there isn't much to freeze. The water tank is under one of the dinette seats so it is not exposed to the cold as much. We use two small ceramic heaters, one on its own dedicated cord to the hook ups and one plugged into the pups electric, keeps us very toasty.

6. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

A pic is always worth a thousand words ...

[​IMG]

7. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

8. yogi

yogi New Member

This is from 2008, the last big snow we had here in Portland, Oregon!
    [​IMG]

9. slowfatknitter

slowfatknitter Member

The quite, snow falling, hot beverage and a fire......priceless.

10. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Thankfully, living in TX means there is no "end of season". [8D]

But here are some pics from a Pop Up Rally we went to at Tyler State Park in Feb. 2010. It was a huge cold front that came down from Canada and was the first time it snowed that much there in 30+ years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. kc8pny

kc8pny Member

I was telling the DW the other day just once I would like to camp when its snowing!!

12. GWolfe

GWolfe New Member

Greta pics!

themanfromvan, those are some awesome photos, I like the "long shadows" pics.

Nothing beats a nice hot fire on the cold winter days huh Flyfisherman? We always try to see how far out we can get the snow to melt from the fire.

Yogi, I sure wish we would get some snow like that around here.

TX_F2, those are some great pics, very pretty. For us the season never ends here also, just bring more blankets. Does that Buddy heater do a good job?

13. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

We had two storms in two days for a total of about 19 inches of snow. Here's my camper and nedinwc's and brianc's in the back lot of our complex.

14. ambulancetech

ambulancetech New Member

This is from last year. Those are high top vans under there some where.

[​IMG]

15. Funrover

Funrover New Member

Great pics, I will look for some I have a snow camping!

16. GWolfe

GWolfe New Member

Thats some deep snow Steve.

I bet those ambulances were stuck there for a minute or two. Holy snowdrifts Batman! Thanks for posting.

17. Island Ranger

Island Ranger New Member

Some lovely pics there, just love the camping ones.
    Here a pic of last year taken from my house just across the small lake, its the beer garden of the local pub
    [​IMG]

Heres another of a couple in Dickension dress
    [​IMG]

Heres another of Rochester (Kent, UK) at night
    [​IMG]
    Heres another in Rochester town, Dickension house

[​IMG]

The other pics are in my webshots album taken before xmas at Rochester, some were taken in the castle grounds. Enjoy.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/579562790fUryeu

18. Old#7

Old#7 New Member

Deer and Elk hunting this year. Early Oct in Northern Utah. It was a great hunt, Cold and roads were horrible but the Mighty Cruiser made it further up the mountain than any other vehicle, and I was pulling the pup! the only people who made it up further were on ATVs. We came close to losing the pup off of a very bad corner, it slid on me, the corner was sloping toward the edge and the trailer just broke loose. we disconnected the trailer and rigged up a bunch of ropes and shackles to bushes and then used the cruiser to pull the trailer back onto the road a little higher up. It definitely was scary but we ended up making it out of the sticky situation in about 45 mins. Lesson learned... I need chains on the trailer tires. They would have prevented the tires from breaking loose so easily. I have larger tires waiting to go on, and I have the same type of chains for them that I have on the cruiser, I just need a new axle and hubs to fit the rims that I have for the tires.

19. bearnbrie

bearnbrie Member

Hey, I remember that weekend it was a blast. Lots of great people, food and BIG Fires. I think Ed and Dana brought a whole cord of fire wood, and very cold raccoons raiding our sites while we sat around the camp fire and watched them.

20. Old#7

Old#7 New Member

Deer and Elk hunting this year. Early Oct in Northern Utah. We decided to head up the Skyline drive above Bountiful. We had intentions of heading over to Farmington flats, up and over Bountiful peak. It was a great hunt, Cold and roads were horrible but the Mighty Cruiser made it further up the mountain than any other vehicle, (camped at where the road forks off and down into the loop on the front side of the mountain) and I was pulling the pup! The next morning we ended up making it up to the base of the switchbacks. The only people who made it up further were on ATVs. We came close to losing the pup off of a very bad corner, it slid on me, the corner was sloping toward the edge and the trailer just broke loose. we disconnected the trailer and rigged up a bunch of ropes and shackles to bushes and then used the cruiser to pull the trailer back onto the road a little higher up. It definitely was scary but we ended up making it out of the sticky situation in about 45 mins. Lesson learned... I need chains on the trailer tires. They would have prevented the tires from breaking loose so easily. I have larger tires waiting to go on, and I have the same type of chains for them that I have on the cruiser, I just need a new axle and hubs to fit the rims that I have for the tires.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Pic is horrible but I was trying to get the GPS location to prove how High we made it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Visibility sucked most of the time. It did end up clearing out later in the day though.
    [​IMG]

Yes it was worth it! I had the Buck/Bull tag, We didn't see any Elk, some other hunters mentioned they had heard that someone had called in a bull though.
    [​IMG]