Winter, Winter go away

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by kcsa75, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

We are supposed to get 1/2 - 3/4 inch of freezing rain on Sat and Sunday. Great......

2. gubeedal

gubeedal New Member

We are having a nice day today and all I want to do is hitch up and go!

kcsa75 likes this.
  3. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

74 today snow on Sunday

4. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

Well, we are looking at 8-13" of snow starting late tonight, travel virtually impossible at time tomorrow. This is a crazy spring - or lack of one.

5. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Snowshoe still has snow on the ground and snow Monday nite

6. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Near blizzard conditions here in eastern MN now, with a lot more snow to follow.

7. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Same here in NE Wisconsin... in the middle of getting 8-14".... man I am done with this stuff!! First weekend booked is less than three weeks away!

8. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

All winter long, we were planning to break out the TT the first weekend of April. But 16 degrees on that Saturday put the kibosh to that idea. Now were watching the weather forecasts carefully and taking it weekend by weekend.

We have reservations for May 4-7 to meet up with a new camping group. Surely, spring will have sprung by then...we hope.

To make matters worse, I was in Phoenix for four days this past week on business. High every day was 90-plus. [:)C]

9. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Wife and daughter are away a few days next week and I had plans with some guys for a 3-day black iron, barbeque, and beer camping trip in the boonies of northern MN. Even if this new snow melts by then, it will be a mud pit in the woods. Have to move it back to the first part of May.

10. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

We just saw our latest snowfall on the 16th in Chicagoland and we have plans on going out on the second week of May. Out of curiosity I searched for the latest snowfall in the Chicago area... Tom Skilling of WGN notes in his blog, the latest snowfall on record happened on May 11th in 1966. We're forecast to have a big warm up over the next week By Sunday they're calling for 60 degrees. Started to worry a bit. lol

11. Natureangel

I canceled my late in April trip and now am waiting to see what the 2nd week in May will bring!
    Winter GO AWAY !

12. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Snow this morning and 16 deg. Long winter even for Wyoming. Ski resort got 502" this season.

13. Sara Lucas

Sara Lucas New Member

If it makes y'all feel better, it's 5pm and 85 degrees out.

14. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

[:(O][:(O]

15. Natureangel

Oh look it’s snowing again.

16. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Doesn't look like ya'll are out of the weather yet ? It is a wonder you don't have cabin fever by now. Maybe it will eventually give you a chance to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Good Luck and Happy Camping

17. jnc

@nineoaks2004 Don't even think any of use don't have the Fever. I have had it from the middle of February when we had a week of summer with the grass starting to green up Farmers even tilled in the spring Manure Than March just shut it down! So ya were bouncing of the walls here!

18. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

We had a light frost, my neighbor had planted his small plants frost killed them all. Corn is still ding good. I have no doubt ya'll are going nuts. I was stationed in New Port R.I for a 2 year tour on a DD. I told the detailer when I left "if I ever get orders up here again, there will be feet prints on the road, ya'll are going to have to drag me, I ain't coming on my own." I also did a couple of winter classes at Great Lakes a few times. I do not understand how people willingly live up north.
    I want no part of that mess. I hope ya'll get a good thaw, warmer weather, and it stays that way for awhile..

19. jnc

I love New England because I would rather have a Blizzard than A Tornado an Ice Storm over a Hurricane beside that I love the winter for about 2 months December & January and the only thing good about August is September is next.

neighbormike and Fbird like this.
  20. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

First, NO ONE has better weather in the late spring, summer and late fall months than the northern states. Second, Minnesota has 11,842 fishable NATURAL lakes, and I have a boat. Third, there are PLENTY of things to do outside in the winter if you choose to do them. Fourth, NO hurricanes, NO earthquakes or oppressive heat for weeks on end. Fifth, within driving distance of Canadian fishing adventures. Sixth, some of the best camping and campgrounds on earth.

I'm sure others can add more.

In the north, we may get spring fever once in a while, but we don't have hide from the weather if we don't want to.