Winterizing Rally in RI?

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by stefie19, Sep 30, 2018.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Dave, don't worry. I've only let the dogs poop on site 21. Whoever that is

2. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Active Member

[LOL][LOL][LOL]

3. JunkyBurrittos

Fiiiiinally I'm winterized. Cleaned, Personal effects removed Just. In. Case I get impulsive over the winter and wind up trading it in. I'm definitely getting too old for this. Wish i was sitting around a fire with you guys instead.

Have a great weekend and don't blow away!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. JunkyBurrittos

How did it go guys? I was thinking of you all on that nasty rainy Saturday. Hope you all had fun and you're ready for winter! Ugh. See you in the spring!

5. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing, pretty wet here as well.

6. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

We all survived, lots of wind and rain on Sat everyone stayed hunkered down in their trailers, wind blew the bunk ends around a bit, and we had some minor leaking in the tent end from the rain being driven by 40 mph gusts sideways, almost lost the pugs even though it was the high wind version. The wind turbine was really spinning good also LOL By the way this campground opens in April so maybe there will be a "De-winterization not a rally" early May?

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

We didn't have any wind driven rain issues. But not for a lack of trying. Jeez! We did have a lot of sweaty canvas though. My tanks are clean and the pink stuff is in. But I still need to do a proper cleaning and de-cluttering.

8. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

We survived also. We had a tiny leak just in a little bigger than a pinhole that we hadn't patched yet in the canvas. Nothing a little gorilla tape couldn't fix until we got home. Luckily we didn't lose our PUGS either in the gusts. It was nuts. An experience we won't soon forget and I'm pretty happy about how well the trailer did. I do want to go around the bunkends to check the seals since we don't have flaps that cover the edges but that's typical maintenance anyway.

We're game for a dewinterization "rally". Maybe that should be Deb's rally!

9. JunkyBurrittos

Hey are you guys doing this again this year? If I can make it with the crazy hockey schedule it would be good fun. And I could probably use all your expertise winterizing my Roo-like Shamrock for the first time.

10. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Yes a few of us are camping the last weekend in October to winterize. We’ll be in Area 1 this year. Oct 25-27. I didn’t post it as a “rally” because if the weather comes even close to what it was last year, I’m canceling.

11. JunkyBurrittos

Wow I can’t believe this late in the season, area 1 is completely booked! If you don’t mind some company, please let me know what sites you guys are in. Miraculously we have no hockey that weekend.

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

We'll be on site 95 in area 1. See you in VT!!

13. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

Well we had site 100 reserved but had to cancel as a low air fare came along and we are heading to VA/NC that weekend to visit the son. See ya'll in VT

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

We'll miss you guys. But travel safe, enjoy your trip

15. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Area 1 always books up quickly all season long. It has the water views. We are in site 97.

Dave, enjoy your time in VA with Kenny. We'll of course miss you and Deb but we'll see you this weekend in VT!

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

5 days.

stefie19 likes this.
  17. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Do you happen to have a staple gun? We have a piece of trim that needs to be reattached. I told Jeff we could just fix it in the spring and we'd research staple guns over the winter but if you have one....well you know....we would appreciate Jim The Handyman Minihane's. :)

I've been keeping an eye on the weather. Seems it might be a bit damp this weekend but no major wind like last year. We're going to bring the canopy tent and maybe a tarp or two to block the sides to weather so we can be outside and not freeze like in April. My dad and stepmother were going to come down for a visit and I was going to suggest they come more for the afternoon and have lunch with us rather than dinner. We'll probably do a late lunch/early dinner. You guys are welcome to join us.

18. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I've got a staple gun. What sort of trim? Do you need a staple or a brad?

19. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

I'll have to take a closer look. It's just one of those wall trim pieces that covers wires. I noticed it had pulled away from a corner behind out couch but didn't look to see what kind of fastener it actually had in it.

20. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Also, I've had several staplers. I was putting up insulation in my sister's 2nd floor (after ripping out all the lath & plaster). I had 2 different Arrow brand models. Both jammed repeatedly (even with Arrow brand staples). Tried a Bostich (I think) jammed repeatedly. I landed on a Craftsman. One of those reverse handle jobbies. Rarely jammed. I used 1000s of staples.