Winterizing sink line only

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by Nanapoppypops, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Okay, I was confused about maybe having to turn a knob on thatvwater pump or something before feeding in the antifreeze. Thanks for help

Attached Files:

2. Del Kelso

Del Kelso New Member

this is going to be a little bit difficult to explain. some RV's (not all) have a valve in the line from the freshwater tank to the water pump. when you turn this valve 90 degrees, the line in from the fresh water tank is shut off, but another line that can be placed in a gallon of antifreeze is opened. this is a useful feature that makes winterization much easier. in a perfect world, this would be documented in a readily available owners manual. i don't see anything that looks like a bypass valve in the picture you provided, so there probably isn't one installed in your PUP.
    upload_2020-6-29_23-39-20.png

if your PUP has a hot water heater, there should also be bypass valves that close the inflow of water to the heater and close the outflow of water from the heater. the water heater can then be drained by removing the threaded plug or anode.

3. Nanapop67

Nanapop67 New Member

Help. We are camping and hookup up to a full service site. Water is working fine, sink is drawing. No problems except there is a blue hose with a cap on it behind tire that hangsanout four inches and coming out of floor. Wheniremoved it, water just pours out and when I recap of itgoes down to A small stream.

4. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Year, Make, Model and a pic would help a lot.

5. Nanapop67

Nanapop67 New Member

It's a 2009 palomino, 4102.

Attached Files:

6. BikeNFish

It appears that it may be your low point drain. Meaning, it is used to drain the water system for winterizing.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. Nanapop67

Nanapop67 New Member

Okay. How do I make it stop. I am booked up to city water now and when I turn it on, it leaks

8. BikeNFish

I don't know your water system so I can only guess. There may be a bypass valve to shut off water to the low point, but I don't see one in your pic. If it is leaking at the cap, you may need a new cap.