Wire, Pos or Neg

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by smithjw, Sep 28, 2016.

1. smithjw

smithjw New Member

Someone did some damage [:(!] to my 2004 Colman Redwood and I need a small piece of advice. Replacing the emergency brake "thing"
    that has the pull out plug for when your camper [PUC] separates from the TV [PUT]. Both wires are Black, one goes to the Brakes on the camper,
    The other ,I'm not sure if it goes to the Pos. or Neg. terminal on the battery. If you know or have a Redwood, could you glance at that hook up and
    see which terminal the wire hooks to. I would surely appreciate your help very much.

Thanks much and happy camping this winter when the insects are gone.

Ringwood. [{:)]

2. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

The breakaway switch is always connected to the positive terminal of the battery prior to any fuses, breakers, or disconnects.

3. Novarich

Novarich Active Member

As customer said. Doesn't matter which wire you use. One to Battery hot the other to what should be a blue wire for your brakes. If you don't use a battery on your trailer, you can get a small one made for the break away system. You wire it per instructions. When wired the TV wiring will recharge it while your hooked up.

4. smithjw

smithjw New Member

Thank you so much. I do appreciate your help. I will get the breakaway switch hooked up this weekend. Both wires were black and no instructions in the package.
    Thanks a bunch
    Ringwood

5. smithjw

smithjw New Member

Breakaway switch sounds a lot better that the "thing" Thank you for your help. I'll get the breakaway switch installed this weekend.
    Thanks a bunch
    ringwood