Wireless Brake Controller

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by mpotapa, Nov 16, 2016.

1. mpotapa

mpotapa Member

I've recently leased a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 and need a brake controller for it. I was thinking of going with the Tekonsha 90250 Prodigy RF Electronic Brake Controller. Does anyone have this unit? I don't really want to screw into my current vehicle so I think this would be a good unit to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ryanm

Ryanm Member

Call your dealer. The Mopar brake controller has a switch that gets mounted in the center stack under the radio and AC controls.

[​IMG]

3. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

To answer your question, I have one I used on my '13 Silverado and it worked flawlessly since the dealer forgot to order the factory brake controller. Just attach to the trailer tongue with four bolts, plug the trailer seven pin into the controller, and the controller seven pin into the tow vehicle. Then the hand controller plugs into a cigarette lighter. Have not used it for a few years, since my '15 Silverado did have the built in controller, as well as my '16 GMC.

One nice thing about this system, is it can go from TV to TV and dealers who rent trailers use them quite a bit since no all vehicles come with controllers built in.

(In fact, if you decide to go with one...I know someone who would love to sell the one they have that has not been used in about two years [:D] )

Does the rental vehicle have a seven pin at the hitch?