Wireless internet?

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by racedude1984, Feb 5, 2010.

1. moneeleann

moneeleann New Member

I googled and searched and tried.... alas, I can't tether my lg vu plus. It is built to tether, but I dont' have the right data plan for it.

However, my dd's boyfriend tried tethering his smart phone to my laptop, and it worked perfectly. He said I was welcome to submit assignments through his phone, since he's planning on going with us.

2. You-And-I

You-And-I Ozarks Ɯberland Basecamp

We are using a Toshiba notebook with a Ram mount in the Jeep. We run the Internet & Cell service connection with a Novatel MiFi 2200 device and a dual band Wilson Electronic booster system and Antenna mounted on the Jeep rack. The MiFi device sets in a Wilson receiver cradle, the booster system increases the signal of the MiFi device (Sending & receiving). We are able to run up to 5 laptop computers up to 30 ft. from the vehicle, rolling hot spot. We also can tether the GPS unit to the laptop to take advantage of a larger screen.

UNI

3. bflentje

bflentje Member

Tell me how you do this. I thought I had to pay extra in order to use my Droid 2 as an Internet source for my other devices.

4. starchild3

starchild3 New Member

You can go to the app store and look for PdaNet.